Chapter 43

Isabella's POV:

He chuckled darkly. He dragged me by my arm and made me sit on the sofa.

"Oh, Isabella! Do you want to know a story? Well, there were two brothers Lucas and David. Lucas was the golden child. He was the popular guy in the school, captain of the football team, girls wanted to be with him and boys wanted to be him. He was that doting son who cared for and respected his parents. But what about David huh? He was the average student. Everyone knew him as Lucas's brother. His parents always compared him. But everything was going on well. 

Then one day in college, David saw a girl named Jane Christopher. You know, he was smitten by her beauty and innocence. He wanted to claim her, he wanted to fuck her raw, make her scream his name."

Oh my God! How can he talk about my mom like that?

"But you know what happened next? Lucas entered. He trapped her in his sweet talk and they both fell in love with each other. Lucas started his restaurant and in a few years he opened many branches and he was successful. David tried to talk him out of this marriage because he knew how much of whore she was, but Lucas didn't believe him and married her. They bought a mansion for them and moved there."

"David married Veronica. Do you want to know why? Veronica's parents were rich and David was going bankrupt so he married her for her money. 

But you know what made David hate his brother more? When their father was on his death bed he decided to transfer all his property to his first grandchild when he/she turns 25.

After a few years, Isabella was born to Lucas and Jane, making her the sole owner of the property that their father left.

This again left David behind. And he didn't even get any property.

Everything went to his brother and his family. So you waited for the right time to kill his brother. Initially, David was going to kill the whole family, so he planned to set fire to their house.

Initially, David was going to kill everyone present in the house which included his brother Lucas, Lucas's wife; Jane, and Isabella.

But on the night of the fire, he discovered a hidden clause in the contract. The contract stated that if Isabella dies before turning 25 the whole property and the shares will be distributed to different charity organizations.

Therefore David had to improvise the plan.

But when he reached their house the fire was already set so he somehow managed to take Isabella out of the house and save her, leaving her parents in the fire. According to his plan now he just had to keep Isabella with her for the next 15 years so he can acquire the property by making her sign the contract."

To say I was shocked was an utter understatement. I can't believe how sadistic he sounds. He was so greedy that he killed his brother and sister-in-law.

"After David brought his niece to his house, he was hell-bent on taking revenge and telling her how he felt when his father was being praised. That's why he, his wife, and his daughter started abusing her.

To make her realize how it feels when you are lonely and no one seems to care. David only had to keep her alive for the next 2 years to get his property back ok, but Alexander Knight happened."

"You are a smart girl Isabella. You can guess what happened next now. But after telling you all these things I don't think I can keep you alive for the next two years for some property," my uncle said, making my stomach churn with disgust. 

I can't believe I tried to find my parents in them after their death.

I was so lost in my thoughts trying to digest all the new things I just found out about my parents death, that I didn't even notice David standing in front of me with a gun aimed towards me. I was terrified but at the same time I felt that if he kills me now, I will be free. I will be with my parents so I closed my eyes, waiting for the bullet to hit me. 

Suddenly a shot rang and I waited for the pain but I did not feel anything. As I heard Vanessa's scream, I opened my eyes.

The first thing I saw was Alex holding the gun and my uncle groaning on the floor, in pain. Alex shot him on his leg before he could have shot me. I was frozen in place. I couldn't feel anything. 

Here's the new chapter for you guys!! I hope you all like the chapter.. 

Until next time..

Enjoy!