Chapter 23

Isabella's POV:
We were walking near the lake. It was so beautiful. The sun was setting coloring the sky with pink, orange and hues. There was a light breeze making the climate a little chilly. We reached near the deck. I went and sat at the edge of the deck and dip my legs into it. The water was cold but soothing. Alex came and sat beside me after a few moments. "Isn't the water cold?" He asked me. I replied, "Not that much."

He nodded and took his shoes off and folded his pants up to the knee and dipped his legs like I did. "It's so peaceful here," I said. "Yeah. My grandfather made this cabin for my nonna as a gift. She liked nature. But after a few years this house was transformed into a safe house for security reasons," He replied. I nodded at his reply. "Why do you live with your uncle?" He asked me suddenly and I looked up to him. "I mean you work at the café and you do have a degree in software. So why do you live with them? I know they treat you badly." I stiffened at his last sentence but still answered, "They are the only living relatives of mine. I can't leave them." He looked unconvinced with my answer but didn't say anything. "Come on. We should go. It's getting dark," Alex said standing up. I nodded and followed him.

We reached the house after walking for a few minutes. Alex went into the bathroom and I went into the kitchen to prepare something. I prepared a simple mac n cheese.

"You didn't have to do this." I jumped at his voice. His hair was damp and he was only wearing a pair of sweatpants showing off his upper body. He had freaking six pack abs and a tattoo near his heart. I cleared my throat as he smirked, noticing that I was totally checking out. "It's fine." I brushed him off. "Come on I'll set up the plates you can go and freshen up. I didn't have any women's clothes so I left my shirt and a pair of boxers for you to change.' I nodded at him and said, "thank you" and left the room.

I entered the bedroom and saw he did keep the clothes out for me. I went into the bathroom and took a quick shower. I went into the room and changed into his shirt. His shirt was reaching up to my thighs so I didn't bother to wear boxers and went out. He was sitting at one of the kitchen stools with mobile in his hand.

Alexander's shirt on Isabella

Alexander's POV:

I was going through my mail when Isabella came into the kitchen. And damn me she was looking sexy as hell in my shirt. I was shamelessly checking her out. I noticed that she was squirming. I went towards her slowly as she took every step back. I pinned her to the wall and asked slowly, "Are you more nervous amore (love)?" she gulped and shook her head no, "N-no" "Oh yeah? If I do this you wouldn't be nervous right?" I said and lowered my head into her neck. She smelled like vanilla. I nuzzled my nose into her neck and felt her breath hitch.

I smirked and pulled myself from her neck but kept her close. "I still don't make you nervous Ms. Thompson?" I asked. Her face was red like a tomato. Glad to know that I had an effect on her. "L-let me go Alex," She spoke very softly. I looked into her eyes. They were blue but it felt like they lost the spark. She pushed me back and went into the kitchen. I chuckled and followed her into the kitchen. She was still blushing and I couldn't help but chuckle. "This isn't funny," she whined. "Come on, let's have dinner" I said and went into the kitchen. We ate in silence. After eating we washed the dishes and retreated to the living room.

Here's the new chapter for you lovely people..

Don't forget to click on star button at the end.. Let me know what you think of this chapter!!

Enjoy and stay safe!!