Chapter 29

Author's note: I'm posting from my phone so I'm sorry if it looks weird or something lol. Hope y'all enjoy!
_______________________

"Aaron, please. I need you."
"I'm right here, baby."
"Don't stop."
You jerk awake and stare up at the ceiling in confusion for a few seconds before realizing that you were dreaming of your old apartment and Aaron.
Oh right, I completely uprooted my life and moved to Vegas. Brilliant.
You glance at your phone and see that it's only 1am.
Great, another sleepless night in the city that never sleeps.
You toss and turn for another half hour or so before deciding to get up and run a bath.
Maybe a good soak and a glass of wine will tire me out.
You're about ten minutes into your soak when your phone starts buzzing. Your mouth goes dry when you realize it's Aaron.
Oh dear God somehow he knows I was dreaming about him. Just be cool.
"Aaron?"
There's silence on the other end.
"Aaron?"
"Sorry, I didn't think you'd be up. Did I wake you?"
"Yes and no." You almost facepalm.
"Huh?"
"Nothing, sorry. Is everything okay?"
"Everything is fine."
"Oh, good." Why is he calling?
"How are you?" He asks casually.
"Honestly, I'm just tired. I haven't slept well since I moved here. I thought a hot bath would help but I'm just sitting here pruning."
You hear his breath hitch. "You're in the tub right now?"
Crap, I probably shouldn't have said that.
"Y/N?"
"Yeah?"
"If you can't sleep, do you maybe want some company?"
Yes please. I'd like for you to come over and fuck me till I pass out.
"I appreciate the offer but I think the bath did it's job. I'm going to try to go back to sleep."
He's quiet for a few seconds and you mentally curse yourself.
"Well, I'll let you go then. I hope you get some rest."
"You too, Hotch."
"I hate when you call me that."
You giggle. "I know."
"Trying to provoke me?"
"Maybe just a little, now that you can't do anything about it."
"Is that so?"
"It is indeed."
"Goodnight, sweetheart."
"Goodnight, Aaron."
___________________

"Great job on this case, Y/N. You and the BAU have really impressed me."
"Thank you, sir."
"I'm sure you're eager to get out of the field and back into your office."
You hesitate. "Actually sir, I found it refreshing."
He cocks an eyebrow.
"I don't mean the case itself, of course it wasn't refreshing." You hurriedly explain. "I mean being back in my old element. I felt like myself again."
"Ah, well, hopefully we won't have anymore cases like this and you'll get used to your new element."
You force a smile. "Thanks again, sir."
You're halfway back to your office when you bump into Derek.
"Whoa, slow down lil mama. I hope you're not planning on holing up in your cushy new digs instead of spending time with us while we're still here."
"You aren't leaving?"
"Nah, there's no open cases at the BAU right now so we're taking an extra day to enjoy the sights. And to see you, of course."
"I'm so glad. You have no idea how much I've missed you guys."
He throws an arm across your shoulders and continues down the hall with you.
"So I'm thinking we all go out tonight. Grab some dinner, do some dancing, ya feel me?"
"Sounds great." You smile up at him.
"See you tonight, pretty girl."
______________________

"Y/N, you've been here six months and you don't know where any of the hotspots are?"
"All I do is work you guys, don't be so judgey."
"Hey, no judgment." JJ throw you a wink.
"Well, I'm judging just a little bit, not gonna lie. Come on Y/N, you mean to tell me you haven't gone out dancing at least once?"
You smirk at Emily. "Nope."
"So what are you doing on dates, just taking them straight home?"
Your eyes meet Aaron's and he scowls.
"Em!"
"What? I'm just kidding."
"For your information, I haven't been on any dates while I've been here. I haven't had time."
"But you've been asked out, right?" Derek chimes in.
You shoot daggers at him with your eyes.
"None of your business. Penny, just Google the nearest dance club."
"On it!" She replies cheerfully.
Twenty minutes later you're on a dance floor with the girls and holding a margarita in each hand.
"I'm getting lit tonight!" Penelope shouts in your ear.
You smile and offer her one of your drinks. Scanning the room, you wink at Spencer and blow him a kiss.
He rolls his eyes good-naturedly and pretends to swat your kiss away.
"Come dance!" You mouth to him but he shakes his head. You shrug your shoulders and turn your attention back to the girls.
"I see the child and grandpas don't wanna play." Emily mutters.
You glance back over to where Spencer, Rossi, and Aaron are standing.
"At least Derek's having fun." JJ gestures to him and a redhead grinding on the edge of the dance floor.
"He's like a cat in heat." Penelope giggles.
Feeling bold, you saunter off the dance floor and head straight for Aaron. Before he can react you've captured his hand and started pulling him towards the girls.
"Come on Aaron, just one dance with me, please?"
"I wouldn't know where to begin dancing to this type of music." He protests.
"I'll teach you."
He watches for a few seconds while you move your hips, then pulls your back to his chest and starts swaying with you. You lay a hand over his hand gripping your waist, and slide the other up to his neck, threading your fingers in his hair.
"I like this move." His voice is dangerously low next to your ear.
"You like all my moves."
"Maybe."
"Oh, maybe?"
He spins you suddenly and yanks you against him, sliding his leg between your thighs.
"Don't flirt with me." He warns.
"Since when is dancing flirting?"
His expression darkens and he leans in close. "Don't play with me, little girl."
I wanna play so badly though. I've missed you so much. And you look so damn good tonight.
The song ends and he moves away from you reluctantly. "I think I may call it a night."
"You're leaving already?" You can't mask your disappointment.
"I should go, Y/N, before I embarrass myself."
"What do you mean?"
He shakes his head. "Have fun, okay? I'll see you tomorrow before we head back to Quantico."
"Aaron, wait-"
He kisses your cheek and slips through the crowd, heading for the doors.
You watch him leave, feeling bereft.
Emily appears at your side. "Are you going after him?"
"Why would I?"
"Y/N." Her voice is slightly scolding but warm with understanding.
You turn to face her. "Leaving him was the worst decision of my life Em. I should have stayed. I should have fought for us. But I ran. I was so scared of what would happen to him if he kept loving me."
"He hasn't stopped loving you Y/N, and surprise, he's okay. He's heartbroken, but he's gonna live. But I think he would have a better life with you than alone."
"I can't undo everything I've done. I can't turn everything  upside down again."
"Even if it's what he wants?"
"It's not about what he wants, it's about what's best for him. And for Jack."
"Y/N, who are you to decide that? Hotch is a big boy, he can make that decision for himself. You just don't want to admit that you were wrong for taking that choice from him."
Your temper flares and tears start to well up.
"I've had enough dancing for tonight. I'm going home."
"We're staying at the Radisson near the precinct. He's in 326." She tries one last time.
"Bye, Em."
You wave at the others and sprint out the door without saying goodbye.
You hail a cab and climb in the backseat.
"Where to, miss?"
You start to rattle off your address but trail off, mulling over everything Emily had said.
"Miss?"
I can't do this. I can't just let him leave.
"Are you okay, miss?"
Letting him go would be the best thing for him. You've already broken his heart. Leave him alone.
I can't.  I just can't.
"If you aren't gonna give me an address I can't take you anywhere."
I can't let him go.
You glance up at the driver and assure him you're okay.
"Sorry, long night."
"Where to?"
"The Radisson on 9th, please."