Chapter 31

Author's Note: It's a short chapter but I finally sorted out what I wanted to happen and I just had to jot it down and share it with you. Enjoy!

_____________________

When you wake a few hours later Aaron is sitting on the end of the couch, staring off into space. You shift and sit up, reaching out for his hand. He doesn't respond.

"Aaron?" You ask tentatively.

"Hmm?"

"Are you okay?"

He turns to face you and you can tell he's been crying. You brush away a tear with your thumb.

"Don't cry, love. Everything is going to be alright."

"Y/N, you have no idea how much losing you ruined me. I have tried so hard to keep it together these past months but I feel like I'm dying on the inside."

Oh, baby, no.

"I'm sorry, Aaron, I'm so so sorry. I thought I was doing what's best for us, and for Jack. I didn't want to cause you any more trouble. I know that doesn't justify what I've done, but I just want you to know that I regret leaving. I miss you and Jack like crazy. You're all I think about."

"I want you home, with me. I want to forget this ever happened, Y/N, please. I don't care that you hurt me, I don't care about anything other than having you back. I can't be without you any longer."

"I'll do whatever you want." Anything to have him back. I just need him back.

"Swear to me right now that you won't leave again. I can't put myself and Jack through this pain again. Look me in the eyes and swear if you come back now you'll be back for good."

You take both his hands and meet his gaze with your own. "I will never leave you again, Aaron. If you forgive me, I'll spend the rest of my life trying to make this up to you."

His eyes widen in surprise. "The rest of your life? Does that mean-"

"It means marry me, Aaron. I don't want to start over. I want to pick up right where we left off. I want to be your wife."

He kisses you fiercely, his hands cupping the sides of your face. "You're sure, Y/N? You're sure this is what you want?"

"I am. I'm so sorry it took me so long to realize it. I never should have kept you waiting." His thumbs slide over your cheeks and you realize that you're crying too. "I love you, Aaron."

"I love you, baby. So damn much."

He kisses you again and his tongue slips past your lips, parting them.

"Wait, Aaron, I haven't brushed my teeth-"

"Shut up and kiss me. I don't care."

You tug off each other's clothing until it's laying in scattered piles on the floor. Aaron pulls you into his lap and you straddle his thighs as he grinds up against you.

"Fuck, Aaron, I want you now."

"You have me, baby. I'm all yours." His large hands splay out on your back as he buries his face in your chest, kissing and biting. His fingers slide down and he cups your ass, pulling you even closer.

You reach down between your bodies and stroke his cock a few times before lifting yourself up and guiding him inside. Fuck, it's been so long.

He starts with a lazy pace, moving his hips in slow circles and then thrusting deep, guiding you up and down on him with his hands. A few more thrusts and he pulls out and turns you forward so that you're both facing the same direction. You lean forward and grab the coffee table, using it to support your weight as you ride him.

"Mmm, baby, fuck me." He groans, his head falling back on the couch. His fingers dig into your sides as he matches your rhythm, lifting his hips as you bring yours down.

You feel your muscles tightening and you grind down against him, pressing your back against his chest. He pinches your nipple and rolls it while slipping his other hand down your body and pressing his palm to your clit. You move back and forth against his hand as your whole body stiffens. You practically whimper when your tightly clenched muscles find their release and de-spiral, leaving you breathless and your body humming with the sheer pleasure of it all.

Aaron is still fucking you, practically coming up off the couch with his powerful thrusts. Your head falls back on his shoulder and he wraps a hand around your throat, digging his fingers into the side.

"Aaron..."

"I'm so close, Y/N." He grunts.

You close your eyes and clutch his thighs, urging him to go deeper. You don't even hear him asking if he needs to pull out.

"Fuck, Y/N, I can't stop. I'm gonna-"

You finally register what he's saying and stand up, turning to kneel on the floor. Aaron grabs his cock and pumps a few more times before emptying his load into your mouth. You swallow it all and he falls back onto the couch, panting in a sheen of sweat.

You catch your breath and rise to your feet, taking his hand and leading him to the bathroom. You start the shower and step inside, tugging him in with you.

Neither of you talks as you soap each other up and rinse off. Aaron massages your scalp as he works your shampoo through your hair, rinsing it and applying conditioner before washing his own.

When you step out of the shower he wraps you in a towel and you brush your teeth as he dries off.

"I'm so tired." You murmur. "Do you want to take a nap?"

He nods and you lead the way to your bedroom. You climb into bed and close your eyes.

Aaron doesn't join you. You turn to face him and see that he's standing in front of your dresser, tracing his fingers over the pictures you have taped up.

"You have so many pictures of Jack." He murmurs.

"I know. I guess it's kind of weird, but-"

"It's not weird that you have pictures of our son up, Y/N. It's sweet. He misses you as much as I have."

You blink back tears. "He calls me sometimes. I told myself not to answer, to give him a clean break from me, but I couldn't. I couldn't stand not talking to him."

"He told me. I'm glad you talk to him, baby. He needs you." He slides into the bed and wraps his arms around you. "I need you, too."

You snuggle into him. "I have to put in my notice at work sometime today. I wonder if they'd let me do ten days instead of two weeks. Speaking of work, where's the team?"

"They flew back home this morning. I told them I'd be back tomorrow."

"Do they know why?"

He grins. "Emily texted back some very inappropriate emojis and a winky face so yes, I assume that they know."

You giggle. "Sounds about right."