Chapter 14

Author's Note: The misspellings when Y/N speaks are supposed to be her slurring her words cause she's a drunk dumbass.  Also, the "bub" thing is something I do when I drink so I thought I'd throw it in there. Hope y'all enjoy, and get ready, cause next chapter we're having a heart-to-heart with Aaron.

_________________________

The next afternoon you're thumbing through the group chat you have with the rest of the team and debating what to order-in for lunch when there's a knock at your door.

Aaron? You let yourself hope for a minute, but it's dashed when you open up and see Alex on the other side.

"Oh, hey."

He chuckles. "Don't get too excited, querida. These are for you." He thrust a bouquet of sunflowers into your arms. You take them begrudgingly.

"Oh, wow, they're beautiful." You mutter.

"Like their new owner." He drops a kiss on your cheek. "Have you decided where we're going for lunch today?"

"Say what now?" You fumble under your sink for a vase.

"We had lunch plans, remember?" He flops down on one of your barstools.

"Um, no. I remember you telling me you wanted to take me to lunch and speeding off before I could shoot you down."

"Ouch. Why do you hurt me like this?" He pouts playfully.

Good Lord man, take a hint. At this point I'm embarrassed for you.

You sigh. "Look Alex, you seem like a nice guy-"

"I am a nice guy." He winks at you.

THAT'S IT.

"Actually, I find you pushy and awkward, but I was trying to be nice myself." You snap.

He holds up both hands. "Whoa, that wasn't my intention-"

"I'm not finished. You repeatedly invade my personal space. You make jokes about our fictional future together when you don't even know if I want to get married and have kids. Quite frankly, it's sexist. I feel like I've made it perfectly clear that I'm not interested in you romantically, but just in case, let me reiterate: I am not interested in you romantically."

He looks stunned. "Wow. I've never had a woman talk to me like that before."

"Well, it was long overdue then." you retort.

"I don't even know what to say. I am so sorry that I've made you feel uncomfortable. I've been told I have a very flirty personality-"

"That's no excuse to repeatedly come on to a woman that's made it clear she has no interest in you." You reply firmly.

"You're absolutely right. I was trying to be charming. I thought maybe I could convince you to change your mind."

"Alex, if a woman says no, you shouldn't try to change her mind. You should accept what she says at face value and let her be."

He looks genuinely stunned. "Wait, so, if a woman isn't interested-"

"Leave her alone. Period."

"What if-"

"Period."

"But I-"

"Period, Alex."

He sits back on the barstool, a look of wonder and shock on his face. It's almost as if men aren't taught to be respectful of women and their boundaries these days.