21-Something more

The shock resonated at the table with me in absolute-

Raphael choked on his food, startled by the sudden declaration. "What the fuck man? That was so sudden."

"What? Wait I said that out loud," Darius answered, his face reflecting the confusion. " I didn't mean to say that out loud." He again justified, massaging his forehead. Relieving the tension that he must feel.

Poor baby.

"It's okay, why don't we just enjoy dinner?" Alaric answered his eyes carefully examining Darius. "You have a lot on your plate, I mean we've got used to just randomly saying things." His voice teased Darius as if trying to elevate his mood in his special kind of way.

"Oh shut up, crackhead." He grumbled back, looking sideways at me apologetically. " But I guess I do owe you an explanation, I mean it's hard enough isn't it with all this Katherine shit."

"Honestly it's okay, I mean I'm confused to see you with her willingly. If you get me. Are you guys friends? Or something more?" I decided to get it out clearly, like he needed to know that I wasn't really happy to see him friendly with someone else.

She better not be something more, I sassily remarked in my head.

Or I would have a fit.

Or probably cry. Or do both.

I mean really liked him and a short period of time I'd grown fond of him, them.

It's so weird to admit how quickly I liked them like how?

Like I moved from never interacting with a boy and being so shy to suddenly being super close and kissing them.

The little snort that came from him soothed me funnily enough. "No it's not like that. She's just a pawn on the chess board for me." He said coldly, his eyes gleaming with this darkness which to be honest scared me a little.

I had gotten used to his warmth and his kind eyes and this was the stark reality of me not knowing him at all.

There would be always this line between us, shards of secrets and difference.

They were an enigma but dangerous. And maybe that's why they were even more intriguing.

"I need her for some information. As part of the Verdict, my father had made the main aim. As in for everyone, the current tycoon would need to outline the objectives. Like things we would need to do to prove that we're capable of inheriting later on."

"So like a to do list but way more important?" I complimented, taking a sip of cold lemon water that they had poured for me.

So refreshing and uplifting.

"Exactly," Raphael nodded. " everyone has a few things on their list."

" And mine is to to ensure the Tribune contract is solved. It's been disputed for the last 16 years after the death of my mother, the Rinaldis haven't been able to get our satellite launched."

"After Darius' mother passed on, it just opened it up to more complications. They wouldn't approve of any conditions because there's was a stop of all discussions for about four or five years." Alaric continued.

I nodded in understanding.

"My father was mourning for her loss, and it wasn't a natural death. So he spent so much time looking for answers, he neglected his duties as President. It just opened up another reason for competitors to interfere."

"Do you know who," I inhaled nervously, "did it?"

"I know for sure but I just need the proof." Darius breathed out, placing his knife and fork adjacent to each other.

"What will you do?" I asked, also following suit and placing my knife and fork down.

"Ruin him, reduce him to nothing. Wanting revenge is childish. I just want him to suffer everyday until begs for mercy" he said darkly, the malice in his tone clear.

A man I couldn't recognise. Hurt and wounded.

Tainted by pain and anguish.

In need of desperate salvation.

"Do you want some more?" Alaric asked, looking up once more, as we sat around the table with most of us finished.

The meal was absolutely delicious,  for me food was another way humans expressed humans, how we loved one another, another kind of hug, another way to bring out that inner sunshine.

"I'm quite full, it was really good. Thank you so much," I gushed, smiling widely my appreciation. "And I do want to leave some room for your cake too."

"I'm glad you enjoyed it."

The time seemed to pass quickly following suit, the table was quickly cleared away. The dishwasher was loaded and everything was tidied.

"So we how do you manage the clean the house?" I asked, as we sat on the sofa, me sprawled in Darius' lap with my bare feet resting next to Raphael.

Alaric sat opposite us.

"We make sure our rooms are clean but we have a housekeeper who comes over one a week, she ensures there's food in the fridge and other bits and bobs," Raphael explained, as he traced my feet absentmindedly.

The faint kiss placed on my head made me relax into Darius more, his rich cologne intoxicatingly inviting.

"Let me get the cake," Alaric had got up promptly, leaving the room.

Darius had then suddenly kissed my neck, a totally different sensation then the innocent kiss from before.

His  upon my neck started a fire within me, the key to my heart and soul as I knew that every time he placed them them- I'd adore him for all time.

Every nerve in my body and brain is electrified. It's the anticipation of being together in a way that's more than words, in a way that's so completely tangible.

His lips were on my shoulder. 

Heat rose from my stomach to my chest.

His hand lowering under my jumper.

Raphael watching me as my body melts.

Darius setting my body on fire as he whispers in my ear, Juliette.

------

What do you think is going to happen next?

Let me know your thoughts.