2-ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴀʀᴛ ᴏғ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ɴᴇᴡ

After having a super relaxing soak in my tub, I dressed in my favourite pyjamas and went in search for the delicious smell that was wafting in the air. A plate beautifully decorated with strawberries and chocolate awaited me, I immediately dove in, mumbling a grateful thanks.

It was only then I realised that I was actually starving.Like sometimes, after you have a meal, you realise that you were absolutely hungry- weird,right?

"Julie, so I would normally work 6 days a week as personal secretary to Mr Kelly so unfortunately I won't as present as I would like to. I know that we stuck with homeschooling after everything but I really think it would be an amazing idea if you could start school- what do you think?"

" I think it would be nice" I hesistantly replied.

I wasn't exactly a social bee but I couldn't exactly fanthom that I could live my entire life,away from people as much as I would have loved to.

"Great- so I already got you enrolled into The Avalon Institute"

"You already got me enrolled! Sooo why did you just ask me ask if I had a choice?"

"My boss knows someone who knows someone who knows someone on the board" At this moment, I was a bit confused but I went along. " He asked me about my responsibilites and I mentioned you. It is such a prestigious school and he managed to get a full ride scholarship for the entire 3 years you're there. He is really lovely, he wanted to help me out as much as possible. He said he wanted me to be committed to my job without any worries" she continued. I had to admit it was very kind of him. But-

"3 years! But that would mean I would graduate from school at 21 years old..."

"It's a different type of school- the students are prepared for life. It's a fancy private institute. You earn a degree equivalent and it's so highly commended that employers readily give jobs, but students have a company or empire to take over" This caused my face to form an O. Shocking- an empire? But wait a momen-

"I am not taking over an empire or am I?" That would be so cool, I could boss people around, demand them to bring me sweet things and I could buy every single sweet gum,chocolate,ice cream I've ever wanted. A dream come true. Now, I was bouncing up and down.

"Julie,I am sorry-you're not. You are going as a scholar and joining a world that us commoners can't even dream of. It's a opportunity of a lifetime" There was something she wasn't telling me. And for some reason as soon as she said this, her eyes glazed over and she looked distant.Feeling loss. Loss over what?

All of sudden, I felt guilty. Auntie had done so much for me already, put a roof over my head, makes me food, loves me abundantly and I didn't want to add to her worries or become a burden. Where would I go if she decides to kick me out?

"Auntie-don't worry. I'll go-thank you so much for the opportunity and thanks so much for everything" Without hesitation, I threw my hands around her waist and gave her a hug.Hugs were literally my speciality; I loved receiving and giving hugs. We stayed there for a moment,basking in each other's warmth and comfort.She smelled like peppermint tea.

She passed to me what seemed to be a thick pamphlet of information. "Here- this is the welcome pack- you can start as soon as tomorrow. You can go early and they formulate your timetable after a brief meeting with the Principal, it's all catered to your interests"

I nodded in reply. That was heavy. " I am going to my room, unpack and have a read of these" She smiled in reply.

I entered the room, jumping onto the bed, landing on my tummy. My legs waving in the air. I hummed softly as I read.

It looked like Hogwarts and students all look so aristocratic, their uniform so tailored fit and expensive. It was definitely for the wealthy. After reading through the alumni, my mouth was agape in shock.

These kids literally are destined to rule the world.

At this, dread filled me like a tidal wave . I would definitely stand out like a sore thumb- I didn't want to re-experience my dreadful middle/high school years where I was picked on mercilessly. The girls didn't like me at all; I didn't seem to mind but I continued to be sweet. I guess I must been weird or stuck up. I felt sad - did I appear to weird? I like being me and I guess some people didn't get that. Thank goodness it was a girls' school- I didn't want to face boys who seem to be way too, too nice. Not nice- horny. I blush at the thought.

I grab my laptop searching The Avalon Institute. Clicking the first link, I lead the article with interest.

The Avalon Institute- the school for the prestige. Tuition and boarding fees together add up to a staggering sum of more than US$150,000. It's also one of the most exclusive, limiting its student body to no more than 315.Students stay on for 3 years, slowly branded into well rounded,cultured proteges of their chosen fields. It's aim is to develop all talents through its world class academic, sporting and artistic programmes. Students are always heirs-

At that, I stopped reading and continued to just stare at the screen in absolute astonishment. There was nowhere in the world- I would fit in.

That's it- goal number one. Do not draw attention to yourself,Juliette.Promise me, promise me.... It wasn't like I was a social butterfly but I had a knack for getting into weird embarassing situations.Like that time-gah! That's it.

After screaming into my pillow and giving myself a pep talk even though I hadn't even seen the school with my very own eyes, I was freaking out. I glided across the room in my fluffy bunny slippers- sliding to my suitcases and slowly unpacked. Entering my walk in closet which was huge. Rearranging my dresses, my cute knitwear and my absolutely adored converses of different colours, literally every single component of my wardrobe, I stood in front of the finished masterpiece, satisfied.

Placing the uniform onto the hanger, I stared at it carefully. Aunt had definitely made the decision regardless of my say. I mean it was an amazing opportunity but she didn't even mention it once. Why? It was like a perfectly orchestrated plan.

I started to organise my pink backpack filling my pencil case with my cute stationary and packing my lovely notebook. I then, packed essentials(AKA 3 chewing gum packets of 3 different flavours).  I felt so in control of my life, so organised. For now....

They would be so proud.

I could feel myself get teary but I forced myself to smile; they would want me to be happy and I wanted to make them proud.

I set an alarm,planning to rise early. Tucking myself into my bed, I muttered a quick prayer and let myself float into the comforting darkness, bliss.Who knew what awaited me tomorrow?

A new beginning. Something good.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Next chapter- we'll meet them.

Comment and like.