1.

< March 21st 2019 >

Three years had passed since Diego and Kate's relationship had blossomed and instead of hating each other as they had been so focused on doing; they were now happily dating. After agreeing to mentoring her in boxing, their bond was created and no matter how many times she rejected his advances, there came a point where Kate couldn't continue ignoring her feelings and agreed to a date. Since then, the two had become inseparable and spent more time together than they had ever intended. She didn't think that their relationship would last more than one date but now they had been together for three years and things couldn't be better. Even Diego was surprised that they had lasted this long, he wasn't great with his emotions and believed that what he felt for Kate wasn't that big of a deal; three years later and he could see himself spending the rest of his life with her, but he would never tell anyone that information, not even her.

Despite their longstanding relationship, the couple were still under the impression that they were taking things slow and for that reason; they hadn't done a lot of the things that other long-term couples did. Neither of them had met each other's families, not on purpose, Diego had met Kate's older sister in the Police Academy but she was the only relative who knew about their relationship. Neither of them had ever said the l word and they didn't live together; both of them seemed happy with the easing of their relationship but it was getting harder to understand where their relationship was going when it didn't seem to be moving anywhere. Kate was more than happy that Diego had trusted her with information that he hadn't told anyone else, mostly concerning his family and his past but she hoped that sooner or later he would open up about his feelings and show her what he was really feeling about her.

Kate was still working at Griddy's Donuts and enjoyed it, even though some people may consider it as not a stable job because waitressing isn't a solid career path; she loved working there more than she had ever imagined. Agnes was a great boss and was very lenient whenever she had to rush out on shift to help Diego with something, probably because the old woman had a soft spot for the mysterious customer that was able to win over the stone-cold woman. Plus, she was introducing Kate to all the recipes that she had collected over the years and passed down her wisdom of baking to the next generation, hoping to leave the diner to her so that she could expand the business when Agnes retired. Diego, on the other hand, was using his unusual talents to his benefit and would stop criminals in the middle of the night; something that Kate had helped with several times, now that she knew how to handle herself from their continuous boxing sessions.

"Come on Katy, you're going to miss the show!" Dora called from the living room which snapped Kate out of her daydream, reminding her that she was supposed to be spending the night with her sister and not worrying about her boyfriend's whereabouts.

Rushing into the living room, she pounced onto the couch beside Dora, almost knocking over the bowl of popcorn that she was snacking from. The sisters moved in together after the death of their parents, choosing to live in a small apartment to save money and take care of each other. Dora had gone to the Police Academy and was now a detective in the local force, hoping that her sister would follow in her footsteps but Kate was more than happy to remain in the Donut shop for the rest of her life if it meant she could keep baking. Dora wanted her sister to be happy, but wasn't too excited when she met her boyfriend and the unspoken rule was that once a week the sisters would spend time together without Diego around; as the two didn't get on very well.

"Hey!" Dora threw a piece of popcorn at her face and knocked her out of her daydream again, hating that she wasn't enjoying her show because her sister was so spaced out. "You're not supposed to be thinking about your boyfriend, remember? This is girl's night and that means no boys!"