8.

< November 19th 1963 >

Returning to the safehouse, Kate stumbled slightly because she was slightly drunk and needed help from Vanya to get up the stairs. When Diego heard them coming back, he was ready to reprimand his girlfriend for leaving without telling him where she was going because he was worried that she had been taken by the Swedes or something but was more surprised when she returned in a drunk state. She had never been this carefree before and he was somewhat glad that she had been having a good time with his family, he rushed over to take her from Vanya. Vanya was more than relieved to not be in charge of holding up the taller girl and took a seat on the couch. Diego helped Kate to the chair, placing her feet on the coffee table so that she would be more comfortable and brushed the stray hairs out of her face.

The brothers had been worried about something else though, not only was Diego stressed that Kate had been kidnapped by the Swedes but he was also staring at an invitation that they had all received. It seemed that their interest in Reginald Hargreeves had not gone unnoticed and he wanted to see them, he had detailed an address and everything – ready to find out what these people wanted. He probably had no idea who they were because they came from the future but they knew that he knew more about the apocalypse than he let on. That was why they had been trying to corner him and now they had exactly what they wanted, they were worried that the invitation held something more.

To my Pursuers:

I, Reginald Hargreeves, request the pleasure of your company for a light supper on the 20th November 1963, at half past seven o'clock.

1624 Magnolia Street, Dallas, Texas.

Luther re-read the note and shovelled his face with whatever leftovers he could find in the refrigerator that didn't look mouldy or gloopy. "Diego, this is a setup."

"Maybe, but we should go anyway." Diego replied, knowing that it was dangerous but it was the only option that they had to talk to the man about the end of the world.

"Says the guy who's already been stabbed once this week."

"Oh, don't worry, me and him are going to have words." He replied, cracking his knuckles because there was no way that he was going to let the accident go without another glance. This dinner was the perfect time to express his anger towards his father, not only for stabbing him but also for the cruelty that he put the children through. Diego was a man now and he wasn't scared of him, he was going to stick up for all of his family.

"Would you tell him that he's nuts?"

Kate opened one of her eyes, knowing that she was being talked to and sighed at the question. "I could but it won't change his mind."

"Vanya?" Luther asked his sister, hoping that she would understand how dangerous this was.

"I think we should go." She answered, having her own opinion because she had no idea who this man was and wanted the opportunity to meet him.

Diego was surprised that she agreed with him but liked to gloat against Luther. "See?"

"Of all people, you should hate dad the most." Luther tried to explain to her, wondering why none of the others had had this conversation with their sister. If anything, it should have been one of the first things that she learned because it wasn't fair to keep her in the dark about her own father. Not when the others knew everything anyway.

"Come on, can he really be that bad?" Vanya rolled her eyes before they began listing what he had done to her in the future.

"Okay, well, let's see. He isolated you from the rest of the family-"