7.

< March 28th 2019 >

Once the three musketeers had made it out of the bar, ensuring that they had robbed the place for a free drink and packet of peanuts, they made their way to the car. Kate still couldn't believe what they had just done but the adrenaline was pumping around her, and even though Dora would have hated that they stole things from the bar, she also would have appreciated the story and the fact that she stood up for herself, no backup needed. Diego was still in awe of his girlfriend and how she had managed to throw the weight of a much larger man over her shoulder, winning the fight and still looking seamlessly beautiful. They had been together three years and yet, in this past week it felt as though he was learning more about her than he had since they first got together. Klaus couldn't stop laughing at the faces of the bar staff when the fight was over and the adrenaline was pumping through his system, along with whatever other substances he had been taking to mask the torture he endured whilst being kidnapped.

He rushed to sit in the front seat but as he got to the door, Diego pushed it closed. "No, you don't deserve to sit in the front after the stunt you just pulled."

"I called shotgun..." Klaus muttered, making grabby hands towards the door but his brother just pushed him backwards and opened the back door for him.

"My car, my rules." Diego insisted, closing the door once Klaus had sat inside and then opening the front door so that Kate could slide into the passenger seat. "That means, my girlfriend sits in the front with me and my lousy stoner brother can sit in the back."

"The insults really hurt, brother." Klaus sighed once they had all sat in the car, then leaned on the front seats and sent a charming smile towards the girl that he hardly knew anything about. "But I have to admit that Kate deserves to sit there, she was badass back there. I didn't know you had it in you."

"Yeah, neither did I."

Kate smirked, glad that she had shocked them but also proud of herself for doing what she did so flawlessly, Dora would have been proud to see her in that moment. "I told you that I could take care of myself."

"Yeah, well you wouldn't have been in that situation if it wasn't for Klaus." Diego leaned forward to kiss her cheek before frowning at his brother and changing the subject back to whatever was going on with Klaus because it was obvious that something wasn't right. "You got a big mouth, you know that?"

"Oh, wow. What a truly shocking revelation, Diego."

"Everything's a big joke to you, right? Would you stop it?" He snaps, snatching the pill that was lying in Klaus' hand and throwing it out of the window; hating that his brother kept taking things that were bad for him. "Why are you putting this shit into your body?" As a response, Klaus blew a raspberry which caused Kate to roll her eyes at the immaturity in the car and then Diego took it one step further by pointing to his stomach. "Check this out, hm?" He slapped his abs for effect, hoping that everyone in the car would be impressed with his body but Klaus wasn't even listening and Kate had seen his body plenty of times. Plus, she had heard him talk about his body being a temple when he admitted that he threw her baking in the trash. "My body is a temple. All that shit you do, it's just a weakness."

"Oh, wow, beautiful. Well, weakness feels so good." Klaus admits, taking another pill out of his pocket but this time Kate is the one to take it away from him, throwing it out of her open window and allowing Diego to hit him round the head.

"What's going on with you? Huh?"

Klaus gasped, getting angry at his brother. "Don't hit me, asshole!"

Diego ignored him and began driving to their first stop because he had found a receipt for the donut shop at the Motel room and wondered if the attackers would go back there. They parked outside the place, across the street and waited to see anything suspicious. "Don't tell me everything is alright, because I saw you in there. You were crying like a baby!"