6.

< November 19th 1963 >

Elliot had worked hard to prepare snacks for everyone, he didn't know how many guests to expect so he just made as many snacks as possible in the time that he had. Luther had successfully brought Vanya to the safehouse and they were sat on the couch next to each other, sitting in silence as they waited for the others to arrive. Diego sat opposite them and sharpened his knives, as much as Five had reassured him that Vanya didn't have her memories and had no idea what she was capable of, he wasn't comfortable around her. She felt slightly worried that her brother was glaring at her as he sharpened knives but was calmed by the welcoming smile of Kate, who offered her a drink to try and make her more comfortable. They were waiting for Five to come back with Klaus and Allison, hopefully they wouldn't be hard to find and then the meeting could officially start.

"You know, in order to make it, you have to boil down a whole mess of hooves...you know, horses, cows, pigs, it doesn't matter. But not everybody has a mess of hooves just lying around." Elliot rambled as he carried more bowls towards them and placed them on the coffee table, breaking the silence between the siblings. "It wasn't until, uh, a couple of sassy New Yorkers figured out how to dry it out so that the rest of us could have a chance to enjoy this ambrosia."

"If we have some, will you shut up?" Diego snapped at him, not too happy with the constant yapping from their host because he wasn't involved in this meeting but had tried to place himself at the centre with his food choices.

"Maybe." Elliot says as he scoops some out and places it on a plate in front of Diego, the whole thing looks like gloop and smells terrible.

Diego leans over and whispers to Kate. "Why didn't you bake something?"

"He didn't want me to interfere, this was the one job he's been given and I felt bad taking it away." She shrugged, walking back to the kitchen to sort out drinks for everyone.

"How you feeling?" Luther broke the silence again and asked his sister, wondering whether there was any part of the old Vanya that was still there or whether they were dealing with a completely different person.

"Pretty shitty, to be honest." She answered, leaning back into the seat.

"Where would you say you are on a scale from one to ending all life on this planet?"

She narrowed her eyes at her brother that was still glaring at her across the room. "Really?"

"Diego, put the knife away, you idiot." Luther snapped at him, knowing that he was making everyone uncomfortable with his hobby. "She's fine."

"The last time I saw this one, she had me suspended mid-air, sucking the life out of me with energy tentacles." Diego said sternly, moving his gaze to glare at his brother instead before turning back to Vanya with a frown. "I think I'm allowed a little time to process."

"Oh, I would love to see an energy tentacle." Elliot raised his hand to join the conversation but another glare from Diego made him shut up and go back to the kitchen where Kate was finishing up the drinks.

"I don't remember what I did but I'm sorry..." Vanya said sincerely, she was telling the truth and she didn't mean to upset them all for something that she didn't remember doing. "If that means anything."

"It does, just going through a lot right now." He mumbled, looking at his siblings to see them both waiting to hear what he was going to say. Diego glanced at the kitchen to see that Kate was distracted by showing Elliot something, he dropped his knives and leant his elbows on his knees and began opening up to his siblings. "I've been thinking about taking things further with Katy, I mean if the world is ending then I want us to-"