12.

< March 30th 2019 >

The car ride back to the academy was torture for everyone involved because they all worried for Allison, wondering if they would make it back in time or whether they would be too late. Luther took the drivers seat and took charge of the situation, as much as he wished he could be in the back, comforting Allison, he knew that he wanted to be in control of the driving so that he knew they were being safe but also driving as fast as humanly possible to get back home. Diego sat in the passenger seat, clutching Kate into his chest as she cried the entire ride back. Not only was she replaying the scenes of screaming at what Vanya had done but she was still covered in Allison's blood, a reminder of what had happened that night. He felt awful that he hadn't been there with them and as bad as this situation was, he was proud of the effort that Kate had gone to, to keep Allison alive. She looked as though she had just stepped out of a horror movie, but it showed how much she cared. Diego just kept stroking her hair, avoiding the wound on her head from where she was knocked out, and whispering comforting things into her ear to try and calm her down; but Kate didn't speak a word the entire drive.

In the back of the car, Klaus was supporting Allison's head which was the scariest part because if he made one wrong move then she could potentially bleed out in the back of the car. He held the bloodied jacket to the wound and spoke quietly to his sister, praying that she wouldn't die because he didn't think he could cope if he lost another sibling. Allison's eyes were wide with panic and darting around the car in worry, all they could do was talk to her to calm her down but none of the brothers actually knew what had happened. All they had seen was Allison bleeding to death on the floor of the cabin with Kate attempting to stop the bleeding, crying loudly and no sign of Harold Jenkins or Vanya. Five was in deep thought about the whole situation, his lap was holding Allison's legs and so he didn't move, but continued wondering what could have happened in the cabin which resulted in this. From behind Diego, he noticed the blood matted in Kate's hair and put the pieces together, that someone had knocked her out and her reluctance to speak was due to the trauma that she had witnessed.

When they parked outside the academy, it was a rush to get Allison safely out of the car and into the building, where Grace was waiting with her medical equipment set up for the procedure. Luther jumped out of the front seat and leaned down to pick up Allison, but got scared when he noticed that her eyes were closed and didn't feel a pulse. "I don't think she's breathing." He said under his breath as Five ushered him to move. "Come on! Let's go!" Luther was so worried about the fact that she wasn't breathing that it was like he had forgotten to move and his brothers had to remind him of the urgency in this situation; if they didn't get her inside then there was definitely no hope for her. "If we don't get her upstairs, she's going to die." Klaus patted his shoulder, talking more seriously than he had in a long time and that seemed to register with the first brother as he picked up the pace to get Allison inside and on the table that had been set up for the emergency.

Grace did a quick inspection before prepping her medical equipment on the side table, telling the boys exactly what they needed to do. "She's suffered a severe laceration to her larynx. One of you will need to give blood."

"I will." All of them chorused, ready to save their sister and wanting to be the brave brother that did so; it was an ego thing but no one corrected them on their morals because there was no time.

Luther rolled his eyes at the others and shook his gloves off. "I'm doing it."

"I'm afraid that's not possible, dear boy." Pogo said quietly from the corner of the room, a pained look on his face because he knew that Luther meant well but his blood wouldn't be much help in this situation. "Your blood is more compatible with mine."