7.

< November 19th 1963 >

Whilst Diego was figuring out how to get Luther back on board with the entire mission of saving the world, the others were lounging away. They couldn't get on with the plan without the others and they had time to spare, their stomachs growled in hunger because none of them would touch the food that Elliot had prepared. Kate had tried to serve it but the smelly gloop didn't even look appetising to Klaus and he had eaten out of dumpsters for most of his adult life. "You know, I could really go for some tacos right now, Allison?" Klaus pondered, turning to his sister because he knew that they were all starving. "Tacos?"

"Shouldn't we wait?" Allison wondered, not wanting to leave when there was something more important that they were supposed to be helping with.

"Please, it'll take them hours to work through their emotions." Kate sat up from the floor and brushed down her clothes, shrugging when she thought about her boyfriend. "Or years, in Diego's case. I'm starving."

"Vanya, tacos?" Klaus offered his other sister, hoping that she would agree and they could all bond over some food.

She didn't really know what the right answer was because leaving the safehouse could cause collateral damage but at the same time, she was starving. "Is there any way that tacos are going to cause the end of the world?"

"I mean, there's only one way to find out, right?" Klaus clapped his hands together as Allison grabbed her purse from the table and agreed. "Sure, is."

"Let's go!" Kate squealed excitedly, linking arms with Vanya as Klaus linked arms with Allison and they headed out of the safehouse.

They went to the salon that Allison worked at, it was empty and was the perfect place for the siblings and Kate to catch up after so many years of being away from each other. It would also help answer any questions that Vanya had about the family, although dealing with a drunk Klaus and Allison could cause more questions than answers. Kate was impressed with the salon, enjoying the soft pink walls and the comfy chairs that she sat on with Vanya, both of them flicking through some of the magazines that had been lying around. The radio was playing softly in the background as Allison took the time to style Klaus' hair because she complained that he was in desperate need of hair-help.

As she was fixing his hair, she was rambling on about her husband because they had had an argument and the others listened intently. "Oh, the nerve of that man! I mean, one thing goes wrong and he's on a warpath. I mean, doesn't know who I am? No, no, no, Ray, you know exactly who I am. You just can't handle it. I'm protecting him."

"Ouch, from what?" Klaus groaned as she pulled his hair rather forcefully.

"The end of the world, for one."

"Is the world really going to end in six days?" Vanya asked, looking up from her magazine and the mood turned slightly gloomy as they remembered what it was like last time they were in this situation.

Kate attempted to smile at the other girl, but it seemed rather uneasy and not very comforting for the girl who didn't remember anything about her past. "It did last time."

"Yeah, even though we did everything Five could think of to stop it."

"Wouldn't it be weird if Five grew up all hot?" Klaus pondered as he stood out of his seat. "Wouldn't that be weird?"

Vanya's jaw dropped. "What?"

Allison felt the same way and scrunched up her face disgustedly. "Eww!"

"Oh, Eww? Please, Miss Luther was my lover." Klaus starts making kissing noises as Allison shoves him away and shakes her head at his childish behaviour.