4.

< November 18th 1963 >

After catching up with each other in the bedroom, Kate and Diego sat on the couch so that she could fix up his wound because the activities that they got up to aggravated the wound slightly. She cleaned up the blood and used a new bandage to keep everything sterile. Lila was sat on the armchair across from them, glaring at the couple as usual. Five returned after speaking to Vanya and had some valuable information about why their sister had basically dropped off the side of the planet. She had lost her memory and was living as a nanny on a farm, she had no idea who she was or who her family was – she couldn't remember the apocalypse and didn't even recognise Five when he arrived to see her. Kate was worried for her, it was hard enough being in this new period without anyone but not remembering what happened beforehand, that must have been really hard for her.

"So, what, you just let her go?" Diego asked, not knowing why Five had returned without their sister. Their reunion wasn't going very well if there were only two siblings out of six.

"Well, Vanya had a lot to process. She'll come around; I know she will."

"She really forgot everything?" Kate asked, looking up from the bandage.

"Everything." Five said quietly, almost not believing it but even he felt heartbreak when he realised that she didn't recognise him. "She didn't even know who I was."

Diego looked over to his brother, talking about something more serious on the cards. "What about the guys that went after her?"

"The Swedes." Five answered, knowing who they were and who they probably worked for.

"Yeah, I mean, how do you know they won't go after her again?"

Elliot came over to Kate and handed her a mug with some coffee, she had been so busy that she was exhausted and he offered to make her a drink. "Thanks." She smiled at him, forgiving him for the stunt where he held her at gunpoint; she knew that he had been scared and they moved on from it. Something that she couldn't move on from was the dirty look that Lila gave her when Diego wrapped his arm around her shoulders.

"We don't." Five answered Diego, worried about the Swedes but also having other things to think about too, like the end of the world.

Lila decided to enter the conversation. "Any idea who sent them?"

"Oh, I have my suspicions. But right now, our priority is finding dad and getting answers because everything else depends on it."

"Which, for the record, I found him already." Diego pointed out but Five didn't seem as generous with his compliments and narrowed his eyes at his brother.

"And then let him go before we could have a meaningful conversation."

"He was stabbed." Kate jumped to Diego's defence before he could open his mouth to defend himself and the gesture seemed to grab the attention of the boy.

"Nice to see you two are back to defending each other again." He paused, looking them up and down. "Hopefully you didn't keep everyone awake with your rekindling."

"No comment." Lila grunted, still glaring at the couple.

Kate felt her cheeks blush slightly as she realised that they had heard what had happened in the bedroom. These were thin walls and she should have realised that it was stupid to do anything with the others around but it was a spur of the moment; she hadn't seen Diego in such a long time and they hadn't been intimate since the last apocalypse. Diego didn't seem as bothered that they had all heard the intimacy between him and his girlfriend, just pulling her closer to him on the couch and trying not to smile like a madman at the memories.