13.

< March 31st 2019 >

The only way that Luther could think of protecting his sister was by putting her into a holding cell in the basement of the academy, a place where none of the siblings had ever ventured before and didn't even know existed. It was another one of their Father's secrets and it seemed that there were a lot more that they didn't even know about. Everyone was shocked to think that Vanya had powers as they had been brought up believing that she was ordinary and that was why she couldn't come on missions or train with them. She had been isolated all that time for no reason because she actually did have powers but their father refused to let her use them and used medication to stop the urges from happening. Luther told his brothers what he had done and they followed him into the basement to see for themselves what had happened; surprised to see little Vanya behind the glass, sobbing and pleading to be let go but the cell was soundproof and they couldn't hear what she was saying.

They hated to see her looking so vulnerable when they weren't completely sure what was going on, but Luther knew this was for her own safety and the safety of everyone else around them. If Vanya really did have powers, then they had no idea what kind of velocity it could be and if she couldn't handle them then she could be dangerous. Still, it was hard for the brothers to see her constantly hitting the glass with tears in her eyes, terrified about what was happening and what she had done. She just wanted them to listen to her, to know that she was good and that she didn't mean to hurt anyone; she wanted them to trust her and let her out of the cell but they were being cautious because they didn't know what to expect. Diego and Klaus seemed more unsure of the method, not liking how insane Vanya looked from the other side of the glass and wondering if the holding cell was really necessary.

Diego furrowed his eyebrows, trying to work out what was happening with his family, even though they had stopped the end of the world, it seemed like more problems were arising than they had planned. "You locked up our sister because you think she has powers."

"No, I know she does." Luther explained, folding his arms across his chest and looking between his two brothers. "Pogo told me. He's always known and so did dad."

"Why would they hide this from us?" He questioned, looking around the large dark room that he had never ventured into before. "I mean, am I the only one that didn't know this place existed?"

"He hid so much from us." Klaus shrugged, not moving his eyes away from Vanya who was still pleading with him through the soundproof walls.

"He hid it because he was afraid...of her."

Klaus scoffed at Luther, knowing that Vanya couldn't be scary, they had grown up with her and she wasn't scary by any means. "Oh, that's ridiculous."

"Is it? Dad's lied about everything else, why is this so far-fetched?"

"If you're right, then maybe she's the one who killed Peabody." Diego sighed, then his eyes lit up and the realisation hit him like a ton of bricks. "Shit!"

Luther raised an eyebrow, not understanding the breakthrough that his brother had had. "What?"

"That's what Katy was trying to tell me." He explained, running a hand through his hair and annoyed with himself for not actually listening to her. "No wonder she was freaked, Vanya was the one who hurt Allison, that's what she's been stuttering about all day."

"Sorry, just, let's go back, alright?" Klaus stopped him from making any fast judgements because he was still convinced that their sister was innocent. "This is Vanya we're talking about, our sister. The one who always cried when we stepped on ants as kids."

"Yeah, I know. I know it's difficult to accept-"

"It's not difficult to accept, it's impossible to accept." He interrupted Luther, hating that he wasn't taking the side of their own sister and believed that she was dangerous enough to not only kill a man but also almost kill Allison.