13.

< November 23rd 1963 >

Arriving at the farm was interesting for the siblings because as soon as the car was parked, they could instantly see that something was wrong. Most of the fields were lit in the warm sunshine of the day but there was one part where the barn stood, which was covered in snow. The siblings slowly slid out of the car, the wind nipping at their features and it felt like some kind of blizzard which was unusual. They knew that it had something to do with Vanya and her powers because the same electricity that had been surging in the FBI building was surging over the barn and every so often, there was a clash of lightening striking the cloudy sky. Diego pulled his jacket closer to try and conserve some heat. "You think whatever's going on inside is causing the cold front?"

"Well, the correlation is high." Five shrugged at his brother, both of them feeling nervous about what was happening and both of them glad that Kate had convinced them to come along because this was definitely a worrying discovery.

The door of the barn swung open and a woman, Sissy, stormed out pointing a gun towards them. Vanya jumped in front of her siblings with her hands held up to try and get her friend to calm down. "Sissy! Sissy!"

"Get back!" She ran at them, her eyes wild and her hands shaking as she held the gun at them. "All of you, just get the hell back!"

"Sissy! Hey! Hey!" Vanya tried to get her attention but it seemed that Sissy was having a hard time to open up to anyone in that moment; let alone a bunch of strangers that she had never seen before who were now on her property. "What's wrong?"

She was hesitant but she answered Vanya, keeping her gun focused on the strangers. "Carl."

"What did he do to you?"

"He's...He's dead. Harlan tossed him aside like a rag doll, same way you sent those policemen flying." Sissy held the gun towards Vanya because she was scared of her, of what she had done to her son. "What did you do to him?"

"No-"

"Vanya, what the hell did you do to my son?"

Diego rolled his eyes at the confrontation and stepped forward to head towards the barn. "We don't have time for this."

"Where do you think you're going?"

"Diego, she's scared." Kate grabbed his arm and kept him back, knowing that getting closer or making any sudden movements would just cause more damage. This woman was terrified and they weren't helping by forcing her into something without any explanation. "We're trying to help her son." He argued back to her but listened and stayed still instead of pushing himself into the barn.

Vanya took the chance to approach her friend and explain the situation. "Look, Sissy, I found my family. These are my brothers and my sisters."

Luther was the only one that waved as the others just smiled awkwardly. "Ma'am."

"She called me her sister." Kate whispered, not being able to wipe the excited grin from her face.

"Priorities." Diego whispered back to her, knowing that this was not the time to get excited about joining the family – not when there were bigger things to worry about.

"Were you lying to me the whole time?"

"Of course, not." Vanya tried to defend herself, knowing that Sissy had probably seen the news as well because that would explain her worried glances between the faces that had been on the television. "Look, I didn't know who I was, but I do now. And we are not the monsters that they say we are. We did not kill the President; we are not terrorists. We are not here to hurt anyone."