5.

< November 18th 1963 >

The four stood on the grass just outside the building and stayed silent as they tried to work out not only what had just happened but also what they were going to do next. Five had tried to get his father to acknowledge them and help them stop the end of the world but Reginald Hargreeves was not an easy man to talk to and it was no different in this period. Diego was still getting over the fact that he had just met his mother before she was rebuilt as a robot and had no idea what had happened with his father. Kate wondered whether it was the right time to reach out to the other siblings because they were struggling and some help may be needed but it would be hard to convince them to help. Lila seemed to be the only one that was bored and didn't want to stick around any longer as she tottered between her feet.

"Hate to be the boring one, guys, but it's time to get the hell out of here."

"When you say 'we' who exactly are you referring to?" Five asked, raising his eyebrows to her because he didn't trust her and wanted to know the truth before he allowed her to continue tagging along.

She didn't seem to understand his confusion and played off the situation with a playful smirk. "Not a lot of ambiguity in that sentence."

"Listen, I don't know who you are or where you came from but whatever it is, I'd advise you to return post-haste."

"She's right Five, we gotta get out of here." Diego mumbled, trying to defend Lila despite the fact that he was the only person in her corner and the others didn't trust her.

"I just saved your life, you kinder-shit." She seethed at Five, not happy that he was cutting her off after she had just helped them. "If I hadn't stepped in all that would be left of you is a blazer and some bloody socks."

Kate broke through the tense atmosphere to offer some of her own wisdom that had been playing on her mind. "Isn't that the problem? You knew what you were doing."

"What?" She narrowed her eyes at the other girl, not understanding where she was coming from but it seemed that the others knew exactly what point she was making.

"My sister-in-law has a point." Five agreed. "You're too good, you ask too many questions, you know too much and you fight like you know what you're doing."

"He's got a point." Diego had to admit that everything Five and Kate were saying made sense and as much as he wanted to defend Lila, he didn't really know her that well. He had no idea how she knew to defend herself from the Swedes and she hadn't been too surprised at what they were discussing. She didn't seem bothered that they were really from 2019 and had time-travelled, or that they were trying to stop the end of the world or that they had seen footage from the future. It was unnerving how easy she was taking everything.

"So, I know how to handle myself and that makes me the bad guy?"

Kate scoffed at her defence because it wouldn't work with them, not after everything they had been through. Their family had learned who to trust and who to be weary of and she wasn't building a good case for herself. "No, I know how to handle myself, you've been trained to fight."

"Whoever you are, you're in my way. If I see you again, I'll kill you." Five threatens her before storming away, not having the time or energy to continue arguing with her. All he knew was that he didn't trust her and for that reason, she was no longer welcome as part of their team.

"Cheerio, bitch!" Kate shouts in an awful English accent before chasing after Five.

Lila rolled her eyes at their behaviour, deciding that they were being childish and turned to the one person that she could trust. She gestured for him to follow her but he didn't move away from his spot. "Diego, we need to go."