3.

< November 17th 1963 >

Just when things couldn't get worse than the end of the world, Diego returned from the shop with a stab wound and even worse than the stab wound, he was stabbed by his father. Kate was waiting up for them the entire night because she was worried that something bad would happen and was more than worried when Diego limped his way into the safehouse being held up by Lila. She immediately took charge of the situation but they didn't have many medical supplies and had to work with whatever tools Elliot had lying around. She didn't want to hurt him anymore than she had to but using the hot torch seemed to be the only option and Diego screamed as she pressed it against his wound. He seemed to pass out several times due to the pain until she got the hang of what she was doing and winced at his expression.

"I'm sorry, this is the quickest way to help you."

"What the hell are you doing?" He asked, panting to try and get his breath back because this treatment was really taking it out of him.

Kate held up the torch and smirked. "Saving your life, I mean it's pretty obvious at this point."

"Were you following us? I told you to stay here."

"I didn't, I stayed here with Elliot." She answered, putting down the torch and moving herself on the couch so that he could see her properly. "Lila was the one who followed you and brought you back."

"I was the one who saved your stupid life." Lila said as she walked through the room. "If it wasn't for me, you'd be dead." Kate tried not to look angrily at the girl, she was Diego's friend and for that reason, she was trying to be nice. But it was hard when the kindness was reciprocated and the other seemed to glare at you when no one was watching. "It was kind of a joint effort. She brought you here and I fixed your wound. But whatever, details don't matter, really. Do they?"

"Wait, where are my clothes?" Diego panicked as he checked under the blanket and realised that he was naked. He was sat on the couch and there was nothing beneath the blanket to cover himself.

"Diego, it's not like I haven't seen you naked before." She smirked, nudging his arm and he looked at his girlfriend with wide eyes.

"You have but she hasn't."

"And she still didn't." Kate reassured him, fixing the blanket so that he was completely covered and placing her hand on his bare chest. "No one else was here when I undressed you."

He didn't look too pleased with the information, quite embarrassed that he had been undressed and taken care of because he prided himself on his masculine personality. He usually needed no one and now he felt in a rather unusual position. "Wow, that makes me feel so much better."

"Hey, come on, I've seen everything before. And this wasn't sexual in any way, I needed to get to your wound. Nothing happened." She held up the torch and tried to press it to his wound but Diego squirmed under her touch. "Stop moving!" Kate held it against his skin again and Diego leaned his head on the back of the couch, taking deep breaths as he was getting used to the pressure of the torch.

"Oh, he isn't dead." Five said rather unamused as he arrived at the safehouse.

"Disappointed?" Lila asked, raising her head from the magazine that she was reading to talk to the youngest member of the team who had been out the entire night.

"To see you? Always."

"So much hostility in such a tiny package." Five narrowed his eyes at her. "I don't like you, get used to it."

"Did you cut yourself shaving?" Lila taunted him, obviously not liking Five either and there seemed to be a pattern forming. She hated everyone except for Five. "I could teach you to shave like a big boy."