❝ 𝟶𝟷 ❞

╔═.✾. ═════════════╗
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏
ʀᴜɴᴀᴡᴀʏ ʙʀɪᴅᴇ

 ═════════════╗𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏•ʀᴜɴᴀᴡᴀʏ ʙʀɪᴅᴇ•

╚═════════════.✾. ═╝

"Hello." I greeted my relatives as they greeted me back. I'm currently at my cousin's wedding right now and greeting my other relatives.

"You look beautiful, Lee Eunji." My other cousin as he winked.

I'm Lee Eunji and 18 years old and junior year of high school, mean I'm in 3rd year of high school. That's the only info you should know about me cause I'm lazy to introduce more right now.

"Same for you, Lee Minho." I winked back, playing along with his flirting game.(A/N: Lee Minho from Stray Kids aka Lee Know)

"Have you met Hana?" He asked as we started to walk towards the drink section. Both of us are very close, like siblings even though we have a big age gap. Hana is my cousin's name, who is going to get married today.

"Ani, I haven't. I was busy with relatives. But I wanna go." I said as I took a mocktail while he took a cocktail. (A/N: Mocktails are without alcohol while cocktails have in them, I also got to know not too long ago-)

"Then let's go together." 

"Okay!" I nodded with a smile as we started to walk towards the bride's room. "Can I have a sip?" I glanced at his drink and then at him with puppy eyes.

"No. You're still underage." He glared at me, I huffed as we got close to the room door. We heard some voices from inside, like yells.

"What's happening in?" I frowned, he shrugged.

"Let's see." I nodded at his words as he opened the door and we were greeted by chaos. My aunt was pacing back and forth and I noticed dry tears on her cheeks. Uncle was on the chair with his elbows on his knees and his head on his palms.

"Aunty, what happened?" I asked, she looked at me.

"Hana ran away!" She said both of our eyes went wide.

"What??!" I yelled with shock, almost dropping my drink. 

"See." She handed me a paper. 

Minho snatched it from her hand as he kept his drink on the table and opened it as he read, "I'm sorry everyone but I can't accept this marriage. I already have someone whom I love with my heart. I don't like how you forced me to someone, especially-" He stopped in middle.

"What happened, Oppa?" I asked him, I saw him gulping.

"M-Mafia boss?" He stuttered with shaky hands, I gasped and looked at my aunt.

"You arranged her to a mafia boss??" I asked, she looked at me with her red eyes.

"Yes, I did."

"Why?" Minho asked.

"Because of our deal. The mafia's boss dad is best friends with my husband. They promised that they will marry their children together when they will grow up and now it was all arranged. The groom is not cruel like you think. He is kind-hearted and handsome. Hana accepted him and agreed to marry but I don't know what happened to her right now and she ran away."

More tears streamed down her cheeks, I kept my drink on the table and went to her, hugging her gently.

"Moreover, she didn't even tell me about her lover. If she did, I would've thought about and never arranged her to someone." She sobbed while hugging me back. "I thought it will be good for her as she can fall in love with him later on. I never forced her."

"I know, I know." I rubbed her back while Minho comforted my uncle.

"Now what I will say to the groom and others? That bride ran away?"

Her question made me froze. Humiliation. They have to through the humiliation, a lot to say. The groom is a mafia, they might kill them.

"I have an idea." A voice said, I pulled back as we turn to the person and saw my STEP mom standing there with crossed arms as her two daughters, Ara and Aera stood on each side of her. "A good one." She smirked, which didn't look good.

Let's just say, she hates me with all her heart, the same goes for Ara and Aera. Yep. I'm a living Cinderella just the difference is that I'm very young and don't have to work like her. I just live a normal life like every teen lives. School, friends, good facilities and also fangirling over some K-pop idols. 

But one thing I don't have is a mother's love. My mom dies when I was 8 in a car accident and my dad married this woman 10. He didn't even look any kind of sad after her death. I was the only one and Minho was there with me but not him. I guess he never loved my mom, he only loved her for her money. Yes, my mom was rich, a lot. And my dad is a middle-class man. I can see him enjoying the money and property that my mom left. The death was unexpected or all these things were going to be under my name, that's what I heard from my mom's sister, whom I'm hugging right now.

"What is this?" Aunty asked.

"Make Eunji marry him." Me, aunty, uncle, and Minho gasped at her words.

"B-But Eunji is only 18. I think the groom is 27....that's a huge gap." Minho said. Aunty gulped, I gritted my teeth. 

"Besides, she does nothing but roams around like a bad girl." Step mom said in a cocky tone as she walked to us. "Maybe after marrying, she can be a good housewife and will serve her husband like a good girl." She put her finger under my chin, pulling my face up a little. "Am I right, Eunji?" I can hear 'mock' in her voice. I can feel my tears almost started to form but I controlled myself.

I never showed her my weak side. How much she tried to piss me, I will fire back to her. I never cried in front of anyone after my mom's death, only in front of Minho and my friends. I will never cry in front of this witch.

"I can't with Eunji. She's too young to be get tangled in a trap like marriage." Aunty protectively said. She is like a mother to me, to which I'm very close. I don't get along with Hana but I did with aunty. 

"You don't want to get humiliated in front of everyone, right?" Stepmom looked at her, aunty just stared at her. "Then do what I said, it will be best for you."

Aunty looked at me and spoke up, "No-" But I cut her off.

"I will." I looked at my stepmom with challenging eyes. 

I knew she's just trying to put me down along with my aunt. Aunty and she are rivals, they never got along with each other. Aunty tried to get close but stepmom will just push her away because of her 'ego'. Now, it's her best chance. She knew I'm too young to get married and will never say yes to it. She can't be so happy, seeing aunty getting humiliated by everyone. She thinks she will win but I will never let her win.

"I will marry him." 

· • -- ٠ ✤ ٠ -- • ·

How was the first chapter? Was it too boring? Interesting? Tell me ;-;