#3 | Training And Consequences

Shouto looked up to the beautiful Japanese-styled house. Except in his eyes, all he saw was a grey, dull place where all his worst memories take place.

Although Shouto is now living at the dorms, that doesn't get him off the hook. He had made a deal with his father that he would leave Fuyumi unharmed had he came back home every weekend to train. He hated the idea of returning home every weekend, but for Fuyumi's safety, he agreed. He had to admit though he was glad it was only the weekend and not the entire week. But he had realized training was becoming increasingly difficult, especially with all the work he had been assigned each week.

Shouto took a steady breath, closing his eyes to let himself wander in his own fantasy for a while, before reluctantly sliding the door open. 

Stepping in, he was met with the smell of alcohol. He then heard a commotion coming from the kitchen. He ran towards the noise when he heard a high-pitched scream.

"Fuyumi!" He yelled when he saw his older sister backed up into a corner, with Endeavor looming over her. He made a small ice wall to separate her and Endeavor, that's when he turned around.

"Well, looks like you finally decided to show." He said, pure rage making itself known in his voice. "Training room, 2 minutes." When Shouto didn't move he continued "NOW!"

Shouto rushed over to his room, ignoring Fuyumi's choked cries. He quickly changed into some more comfortable clothes. Knowing that he'll be in for a world of pain, he might as well try to make the best of it. He slowly walked back into the kitchen, head down. Fuyumi rushed over to him.

"Sho please, you can't go in there! He'll kill you!"

"I'm sorry Yumi, but if I don't go, he'll hurt you." Shouto gave her a forced smile.

As Shouto made his way over to the training room, the temperature rose dramatically. He sighed. 'He's definitely mad' He thought. It was quite obvious he was also drunk. You could practically smell the stench of alcohol from outside the house. He slowly slid open the training room door and was met with a furious Endeavor.

"Let's start, shall we?" He smiled a bit.

Shouto slowly made his way over to the other side of the room.

The first few hits weren't bad. He managed to doge, and create ice barriers to separate himself from the other. Endeavor then started to turn up his heat, and things went downhill from there. Shouto was becoming increasingly worn out and was losing energy. He was caught completely by surprise when Endeavor landed a hit to his stomach and sent him toppling backward.

He tried regaining his breath but wasn't given a chance when his father landed a kick to his side which sent him back and colliding into the wall. He let out a choked cry of pain, as Endeavor came closer to him, each step shaking the room.

"Get up! I can't have some weakling as my son!" Another kick to the stomach. 

"Did you not hear me?! I SAID GET UP!" He picked Shouto up by his collar, tossing him to the other side of the room. 

"How are you supposed to become a hero if you can't even defend yourself!?" He kicked Shouto underneath his right eye, sending him backward under all the force. Shouto let out a loud yelp, followed by harsh breathing. Endeavor carelessly picked Shouto up by the arm leaving his feet dangling closely to the floor. When he didn't respond, Endeavor ignited his quirk. A pained scream echoed around the house. Shouto was having trouble staying awake as an unbearable pain shot up his arm. The scream worsened as Endeavor turned the heat up.

He was a moment away from passing out before Endeavor finally let go. He sunk onto the floor, clutching his seething arm. He choked on his coughs before painfully looking up. He was met with pleased and satisfied turquoise eyes. Shouto trembled at the sight. 'What was he gonna do now?'