#12 | I Thought I Could Fly, So Why Did I Drown?

Shouto sat in bed, face blank. It was 3:00 AM, and sleep refused to come to him.

He looked over to the clock and sighed, frustrated. Giving up the 'sleep' idea, Shouto stood up, making his way to his room door. No one was awake, so he had to be quiet making his way to the kitchen.

Shouto was always good at moving through tough spaces quietly. Thanks to his father, of course. He knew that if his father ever woke up, he'd be up for a harsh and painful training session. So Shouto ended up adapting to moving quietly. Although, because Shouto was so good at it, it startled his mother when he called out to her that night, which ended in what everyone can see plastered on his face.

He moved swiftly each footstep not making a sound against the hard wooden floor. He had a disadvantage, however. He hadn't learned what tiles make creaks and the exact weight he should put on each step to not make any noise in the apartment.

Still, Shouto made it to the kitchen with little to no complications. 

He finally let himself relax and walked to the cabinet to get a cup. The cabinet was way higher than he remembered, and when grabbing it he almost tripped and dropped the cup before he was able to catch himself.

Although he couldn't catch himself when Aizawa crept around the corner, scaring the ever-loving shit out of him.

The glass slipped through his hand as he jumped at the appearance of his teacher. (ahem-dad-ahem)

"Oh," Shouto said, as he looked down at the shattered pieces on the floor.

Realization crawled against Shouto's back.

"Oh. I'm-...I'm sorry. I'll clean it up." Shouto said, already rushing to grab a broom before he realized he had no idea where it was.

Aizawa sighed, "it's fine, kid." He walked up to Shouto, shuffling his hair.

Aizawa's heart did a double-take when he realized that Shouto didn't flinch at the contact. A small smile creeping up, and onto his lips.

He grabbed a broom, sweeping up the mess of glass that was on the floor. Shouto stood sheepishly, not sure what to do.

"What are you doing up this early anyway?"

"I couldn't sleep," Shouto responded. "So I went to the kitchen to get water, I guess"

Aizawa nodded in understanding while disposing the glass shards in the garbage. He grabbed a cup from the cabinet, filling it up and handing it to Shouto.

Shouto muttered a thanks, quickly drinking and leaving the kitchen.

Aizawa whispered a goodnight, Shouto doing the same as they entered their rooms and went back to sleep.

『✰❦✰』

"Midoriya."

"Midoriya!"

"DEKU!"

"Huh?" Midoriya asked, looking at his classmates who were all staring at him.

"Finally, damn nerd." Bakugou scoffed.

Uraraka scratched the back of her neck, "we were wondering if Todoroki responded? We're going tomorrow after all."

Midoriya looked down on his phone, a frown appeared on his face, "I'm not sure. He said 'I'll have to see about that offer.'" Midoriya attempted to use Shouto's 'emotionless' voice.

This got a couple of snickers from the class. Bakugou, though, was not having it.

"Give me the fucking phone, nerd."