#6 | Where's The Hero Now?

Aizawa had been woken up by an alert stating a student had left the dorms at 2:05 in the morning. He groaned, 'why did I get stuck with the problem children?'

He put on his hero costume, grabbing his capture weapon. He used the weapon to make it there in 2 minutes.

He checked all around Heights Alliance. No sign of the student.

Aizawa examined his phone again, a bit frustrated that they hadn't bothered to say the location of said student. Not a second later, he got another notification, this time mentioning the actual location.

A shiver crawled up his spine when he saw the student's whereabouts; The main campus roof...

Aizawa sprinted towards the building. Rushing up the flight of stairs, he flung the door open and was met with a sight he never wanted to see.

Todoroki, standing way too close to the edge for his liking.

『✰❦✰』

Shouto exited the dorms as fast as he could. He hadn't thought much about the way he would die, but he had decided on jumping...

Hopefully from the height of the UA building, it would be quick and painless.

his knuckles white from how hard he was gripping the note. He had thrown on a hoodie and some sweatpants, hopefully covering up his obvious character traits.

He trudged up the stairs of the school thinking about his mom. How would she react?

'Probably wanted this since the day you were born'

He couldn't disagree. He had ruined his family. It was his fault his father is the way he is now. If he hadn't been born with this god-forsaken quirk, or maybe if he hadn't been born at all, his family could be living a happy, healthy life.

Why was it him?

Why had he been the one to destroy his family?

He wished everyone would forget him. Leaving the world knowing that no one would care was relieving. That way, no one would feel guilty. It was no one else's but his fault. He should have done this a long time ago.

It doesn't matter. He's finally going to be free; Fade away into the distance, as everyone else continues with their life.

The thought made him smile.

'I'm finally gonna be free'

『✰❦✰』

"Todoroki?"

He jerked at the voice.

Aizawa watched as regret coursed through his veins. 'How had I not realized?' He watched every day as his student came in and out of class; how had he realized how his student truly felt? How had he let it get so bad that they were willing to jump off the roof of a school this early in the morning?

"Todoroki, Please...We can talk about it, I just need you to step away from the ledge." The desperation in his voice was blatantly obvious; He didn't care, all that mattered was getting his student (who he was supposed to keep safe) away from the ledge.

He slowly turned around, facing his teacher. The sadness and shame were clear in his eyes. The sight made Aizawa's heart drown in guilt.

"I-I can't. I-..."

"Yes, you can, all you need to do is step away from the ledge. Please." The reality of the situation was hitting him like a punch to the face.

"No. I-...I can't"