#14 | You're Too Wrapped Up In Your Self Doubt

This is unedited. If you see any mistakes, please ignore them or kindly correct them in the comments. Thank you.

『✰❦✰』

Shouto lay in his bed, regretting everything he has ever done. It was morning, Shouto didn't come out for breakfast. His thoughts constantly nagging him.

'Why'd I lash out at Aizawa?'

He should know better. If he had still been with his father, he would've been granted a good beating, then maybe a whipping, as punishment. It wasn't rare for Shouto to be punished. He had a foul mouth, after all.

With Aizawa, it was different. He probably wouldn't hit Shouto, if Shouto learned anything the past few weeks he was with him. But would he even want him anymore?

Shouto was a burden. Would Aizawa even bother with him? Where would Shouto go? No one wants him.

Shouto curled in on himself, tears escaping his eyes. He wanted to go out, but he was afraid. What would they do?

Hiding away wasn't going to get Shouto anywhere. But it was so much easier.

And what would Aizawa say about his journal? A new wave of fear washed over Shouto. He tried to even out his breath. Aizawa hasn't shown any intent on getting rid of him.

Shouto hadn't even contemplated that he already opened the door to his room, and was walking to the kitchen. He made sure to not make any noise while walking. He didn't memorize which board creaks and which were safe to step on but still managed to make it to the end of the hallway with no distractions.

Aizawa and Hizashi were on the couch, seemingly talking about something. Shouto took a deep breath.

'I can do this.'

'I can definitely do this.'

Shouto took a step forward before swinging around.

'Nevermind, I definitely can't do this.'

"Shouto?"

He stopped dead in his tracks. 'What do I do?' He panicked, his breath starting to speed up. He wanted to cry, but he didn't want to be weak. He wanted to apologize, but he didn't want to give up his composure. He could run, but then what was the point of coming out of his room?

Shouto slowly turned around, facing Aizawa and Hizashi. He lowered his head, hopefully, he could cover up the tears running down his face. He didn't think it worked.

Aizawa, carefully, made his way to Shouto, kneeling in front of him. He put his hands to where Shouto could see them. Shouto, understanding the gesture, nodded his head. Aizawa slowly wrapped his hands around the younger.

Suddenly, Shouto lost the battle against his self-control, as tears started to roll down his face, and choked sobs made their way out of his throat.

"I-I'm sorry." Shouto sobbed, gripping the back of Aizawa's shirt.

It took 5 minutes for Shouto to finally run out of tears. It was silent in the room, as Aizawa pulled away.

"Sorry," Shouto mumbled.

Aizawa looked at Shouto, "I'm sorry."

"Um, guys? I'm still here!"

Aizawa snorted, while Shouto let out a short laugh.