#4 | I'll Be Here Until You're Okay

Shouto's run only lasted 5 minutes before the pain on his side became too difficult to ignore. He stood in front of UA's gates, peeking at his watch. '12:13, great'. So much for getting here in 15 minutes, It took him a little over 30. Aizawa-Sensei was bound to be mad. 'Guess I can't avoid him for much longer.' Shouto took one step inside before,

"Great of you to join us, Todoroki." A very tired-looking Aizawa stood afront the gates.

Shouto simply stared, not offering an explanation.

"Well? Where were you?"

Shouto felt annoyance pinch his being. 'Get a hold of yourself!' Shouto mentally slapped himself. This was his teacher, and he was about to snap at him.

Taking a deep breath, he answered (well tried to), "I...Uhm."

"I'll give you a second to think of an excuse," Aizawa said tiredly. When Shouto didn't answer, Aizawa sighed and continued, "well, come on then. Just don't make this a regular thing."

Shouto shamefully followed his teacher to Heights Alliance before parting ways.

He made his way is into the dorms, seeing classmates who were bundled up watching a movie before he trudged to the elevator. He didn't miss the way Midoriya eyed him suspiciously but decided to not react. The elevator opened on the 5th floor and Shouto excitedly opened his door and flopped onto his bed. (I know he has a futon but just pretend he has a bed instead) He was exhausted and completely drained. It wasn't long before he was pulled over to the dream world.

『✰❦✰』

It was 12:01 AM when Aizawa had gotten a notification that a student was out after curfew. He groaned, expecting it to be someone like Kamanari, not that he would be surprised if it was. He waited in front of the gate for 12 minutes before he finally saw someone trudge in.  What did surprise him was when two-toned hair and heterochromia eyes made themselves known.

He was confused. Todoroki was a well-behaved student. If you ignore the times he broke the rules to help his friends. He was surprised by how much the greenette haired boy had changed him. Then again, he can't really put anything past the problem child at this point.

He stood in front of a distressed child, who looked like he was ready to dodge an attack, it looked as if he was actually waiting for it. 'Huh. That's strange.'  Why would Todoroki think he was about to attack him?

Todoroki hadn't answered as to why he was out after curfew, so Aizawa let it be. In all honesty, he was tired and didn't have the energy to wait until the two-toned boy came up with a good excuse.

"Well, come one then. Just don't make this a regular thing." The boy looked relieved, but at the same time shameful. 'Was he expecting me to expel him or something? Why is he so on edge'. It was as if he was used to getting in serious trouble for the smallest things.

The walk back to the dorms had been quiet, peaceful. They parted ways as soon as they made it to Heights Alliance, and Aizawa had left to go back to his apartment. He had only been at UA to finish grading some papers. The school had offered him and Yamada to stay in the teacher's dorm, but like hell, as if he was gonna comply. There was no way he would stay in a dorm with other teachers. They had all known that he and Yamada were married but still, he needed his space. He hated the idea of sharing a place with anyone other than his husband. So he and Yamada had decided on getting a place that was 5 minutes away from UA. It was just an apartment, but It felt like home.

He unlocked the door to his apartment and was immediately met with a Present Mic with his hair down and PJs on.

"Sho! Look, I found this-" Yamada caught onto his bad mood. "Hey, what's wrong? You look annoyed. At least more than you usually do."