#5 | Falling But Nobody Knows

School seemed to drag on forever. When it finally ended, Shouto rushed back to the dorms as soon as possible.

"Todoroki-kun! Wait!" Midoriya yelled from behind him, trying to catch up.

Shouto was about to stop before he remembered what happened on Friday.

'What do you want?' Shouto had harshly said to Midoriya.

Midoriya probably hated him. Wanted to tell him off. Say he was a terrible friend. Not that he'd be surprised, he has always been a horrible person.

"Todoroki-kun! Stop walking, I wanna talk!"

Shouto didn't stop. He could feel people staring at him and Midoriya, but he didn't care. He then felt someone grab his arm. His injured arm. Shouto let out a pained cry and pulled his arm away. If people weren't looking before, they were now.

"I-I'm...I'm s-sorry!" Midoriya's eyes were glossing over with unshed tears.

Shouto felt eyes on him. Everywhere.

'They're judging you. You're weak.'

'Weak.'

'Useless'

"T-r-ki! Tod-r-ki! Look at me!"

His eyelids felt heavy. 'I'm tired...Why am I so tired?'

That was his last thought before he passed out.

『✰❦✰』

"I s-e...St-rv-tion and d-h-ation." A voice said.

'Who is that?'

'Why can't I open my eyes?'

'Where am I?'

'W-What happened?'

"Ah, good. You're awake."

He opened his eyes slightly and was struck by one thing: white. Everything was white. And the light was blinding. 'So bright.'

"Wh-," He cleared his throat, "Where am I?"

"My office." Shouto only then realized Recovery Girl, standing next to him. "You passed out in front of the dorms. Your classmates brought you here in a rush."

"Hm." Shouto couldn't muster up any words; his throat felt like a desert.

"You passed out due to starvation and dehydration. Your father was contacted-"

Shouto's eyes widened. "What?" He wishes he misheard that, but he didn't.

"I said your father has been contacted. He's on his way over right now." Recovery Girl said, obviously oblivious to the panic that was going on inside Shouto's head.

"You passed out, we are instructed to call a parent. It also seems you might have an eating disorder. It seems pretty serious, so you were instructed to take a leave this week, and stay home." She frowned. "When was the last time you ate?"

Shouto was caught off guard. He had completely missed the part where she said he would have to stay home. 'The last time I ate? I think it was Friday in the morning. It's been 3 days already?'

Shouto wasn't sure how he was supposed to answer. Although, he didn't need to because not before long, a very angry Endeavor barged into the room.

"Where is my son?" Shouto flinched at the harsh tone.

Endeavor glared at Shouto before continuing, "come on we're going, now."

Shouto didn't waste any time, he leaped off the bed, thanked Recovery Girl, and was by his father's side imminently.