57 ➪ Recognize it.

Tommy POV

I woke up to birds chirping in my ears and the sound of food sizzling. I yawned, stretching my arms. I miss Karl a lot, why am I thinking about that this early in the morning?

I got up and brushed my teeth, along with my hair too. Quickly walking down the steps to see Ranboo cooking, he's just good at everything. "Morning, Tommy." He sang.

"Goodmorning." I smiled groggily, taking a seat on the kitchen counter chair. "You should teach me how to cook one day!" I laughed.

"It takes a lot of effort."

"How so. I thought you just mix stuff and mix it and then bam?" I said, ignorantly.

He giggled at my immaturity, "You really do nothing about it huh?!"

"No. I've never really been taught to cook. Phil never did, Techno would cook for us." I rested my head in my hand.

"What else do you not really know?" He was curious.

"Well.. I've never been taught any instruments, I never got the opportunity. I cant draw for shit, my hand writing and grammar is awful.. and uhh social skills aren't too great. And obviously, cooking. I'm kinda good for nothing." I laughed, Ranboo frowned.

"You aren't good for nothing, you just didn't have good parents, what was your mom like?"

"I've never had a mom. Wilbur and Techno did but they never told me about her." I wish they did.

"Oh- I'm sorry for asking." He turned off the stove and handed me food. "My parents were sweet, I wish you could've grown up with me." Ranboo smiled.

"That would've been nice. I'm just glad i'm here with you now. Speaking of,, I might go back to Karl's today. I miss him." I told as I started eating.

"Ok! Whatever you need."

"Thanks. I'm gonna go get my bag." I finished my food, I ate quickly. My legs led me to my room where I grabbed my bag, I felt a little guilty. I had been using Ranboo's clothes for the past week, they were very oversized.

"Again, thank you so much for letting me stay." I thanked him as we got into his car.

"Of course! I've had so much fun this week!" He grinned widely, joyfully.

I smiled back, "I'm glad."

"Does this mean i'll have to go to school again?" I sighed.

"Yes, but it'll be fun! Don't think too much about it." Ranboo suggested.

"But.. Purpl-"

"I said don't worry about him, Tommy." His voice got sterner.

"O-Ok.." I looked to the side, a little scared of him.

We sat in silence until the car stopped and we were at Karl's place. I thanked Ranboo and hugged him tightly.

I walked up to the doorstep and knocked, "COMINGGG!!" I heard Karl shout from inside and loud footsteps.