Part 70

Fred POV:
Christmas at the Burrow was always chaos. Sweet, beautiful chaos. Me and George created a fair bit of it, to be sure, but some of it just came from the natural chaos of a big family in a small space.

With Bill and Charlie back we were all fairly crammed. Hermione and Ginny stayed in Ginny's room. Ickle Harrykins was up with Ronald. Charlie and Bill were in Percy's old room, and me and George stayed in ours as often as possible without being called out for it. We exited at random intervals to stir up a bit of trouble to prove we weren't planning on stirring up more trouble. It makes sense if you think about it, but I don't.

We'd be having dinner in the backyard, and me and George were having plenty of fun with the decorations. Sometimes we'd make a balloon explode for the fun of it, but for the most part we were completely behaved. A rarity if there ever was one. Astoria must be rubbing off on us.

Bill was off visiting that Veela. Probably trying to get away from Mum. Charlie ran out and nearly bowled us over in his haste to get away from the madwoman.

"Charles Weasley! The length of your hair is absolutely unacceptable! It needs to be cut at least four inches!" She didn't leave the backdoor in favor of yelling across the yard.

"This is a perfectly acceptable length! I'm a full grown man Mum!" When he saw she wasn't chasing after him, he stopped to yell back at her from the center of the freshly degnomed lawn.

"I'll be the judge of that!" Her wand raised threateningly, before a clatter came from the kitchen and Hermione called out about some misfortune so she had to hurry back inside.

Charlie let loose a breath before turning to us, hands on his hips. "Witches. I'll never understand them."

"Ah, it's all right Charlie."

"I'm sure there are plenty of witches who love red haired dunderheads."

"One of them will be sure to love you."

"Even when she realizes she'll only be your second love."

"Right after that horrible Ridgeback."

George and I began preparing to run when Charlies' face began to turn the color of his hair.

"I mean, who wouldn't love being ditched during a date because a dragon missed their boyfriend?"

"There is the slightest possibility that coming second best to a giant lizard wouldn't go over well, but-"

Charlie growled a bit like one of those giant lizards in question, and George grabbed my arm and disapparated quickly.

It was dead silent, wherever we were. I peeled my eyes open and looked around, confused. "Umm Goerge?"

"Hmm?" He was dusting himself off, and hadn't looked up yet.

"Where, in Godric Gryffindor's voluminous facial hair, are we?"

"You come up with that just now?"

"No, I've been thinking about it for a while, but that's beside the point."

Finally George looked up from where he was standing. Instead of an explanation, he just stared around for a bit, blinking. I groaned. Great. "You have no idea where we are."

George put up a finger, and I knew whatever came out of his mouth next was going to be stupid. "Technically, I have a very faint idea of where we are." Oh, so helpful.

I looked around like staring at my surroundings would reveal the location. It was beautiful. We were in a clearing, purple flowers seemed to flow like a river down a few moss covered boulders. Trees were scattered around the edge of the roundish shape, spread out enough that it didn't feel crowded, but thick enough for one to feel hidden. It was sunny here, still a bit chilly, but the sunlight stayed.

"Hang on, how are these flowers still alive?"

"We're wizards Fred, flowers still being alive in the middle of winter isn't exactly a phenomenon."

"Okay, but that still doesn't change the fact that you have no idea where we are."

"I have an idea! I mean, not exactly an idea, more like a feeling, but it's more than you have, so ha!"

I tilted my head back and groaned again. Luckily it wasn't too bad since we could just apparate to wherever we wanted to go, but if George had a strong enough connection to something here to get us here on a "faint idea" then there was a chance of this happening again. And I rather it not happen at a less convenient time.

"Get moving Georgie, let's go find this "faint idea" of your's."

Aight, complete honesty here. I have no idea where this is going so if someone could come up with a love interest for George, that'd be great. Also, chances of me updating without that comment from @doloresisanidiot (love the name by the way, that woman's psycho) where very, extremely low. So I'll try to come up with some ideas for this, but my head is simultaneously crowded with ideas, and absolutely useless for writing content right now. Thanks for your patience! ~M.H.