Part 34

All characters belong to JK Rowling besides Rowlin... I made him up for fun. Chances are, there will be others.

Astoria POV:
"Let. Me. Go. Now." I fought to keep myself calm. It was probably Theo. He wasn't exceptionally bright. He was fairly large, but that didn't mean much in the magical community unless you were a beater. In this case, size wouldn't matter as long as I could get ahold of my wand.

"What do I gain if I do?" He hissed in my ear. I wanted to growl. I've already had a crappy day. I seriously don't know how much more I could take.

"How about you get to walk away. Alive." No no no. If I could've I would've hidden my face in my hands. I was thankful of course for the rescue. But he'd already seen me in enough embarrassing situations today, did we really need to add this to the list? Not to mention when the Slytherin Prince talked, people listened. Did he have to be so dang dramatic and popular?

The boy at my back stiffened, but didn't let go. If anything, his grip had tightened when he suddenly decided to turn into rock. I refused to squirm in his grip. Partially out of pride, partially because it would mean more physical contact. I also suspected it wouldn't do any good.

"You heard me Nicholas. Let the girl go. Now." Nicholas? A faint voice in my head stirred at being referred to as "the girl" but the questions about my newest captor all but drowned it out.

Nicholas's voice vibrated through his chest, as he replied. "Or what? You can't kill me. And it's not like the girl is claimed anyway." I am not "the girl!" Forget the business about being claimed. I let out a low, animalistic snarl, before I realized what a was doing and cut off the sound.

"Really Nick? Claimed?" Draco's voice was coming closer. "No wonder you had to resort to snatching a girl." I was whirled around as Nick turned. I contemplated biting him, but his hands were too far down. I could stomp on his foot. I weighed my options as the boys continued to talk. Draco was about 6 feet away, but my goal was the girls dorm. Unfortunately, the entrance was blocked by this Nick fellow.

"Well. I got tired of the regular ones. I was looking for something a little more interesting this round." Foot it was. But where to run? "I figured I might as well start with this one." Scratch that. I was NOT running. My wand was in my sleeve for easy access. A little wriggling and I had it in my hand.

Draco's voice was ice cold. " "This one" is not available."

"Says who?"

"Well I did ju-" Draco was cut off when Nick began cursing wildly as I broke away. Bending over his foot a bit, he started yelling.

"Really woman! That wasn't necessary!" I didn't bat and eye as I leveled my wand at him.

"No. But it was fun." He straightened a bit, a smile curving across his face. He wasn't a bad looking boy, medium dark brown hair and beautiful blue eyes. He was probably about two inches taller than Draco, with a similarly lean body. He probably didn't do sports, but he was definitely in shape.

"Fair enough." He didn't seem at all put off, his eyes glittering and his smile seemingly genuine. Yup. Handsome all right, gifted with the jawline of a Greek deity. Too bad he was a creep.

My hand didn't waver, although it startled me a bit when Draco walked up behind me. I had purposely not run to him. I was not some damsel in distress to hide behind some prince at the first chance. I muttered under my breath. "I swear Malfoy. If you touch me someone is going to end up with broken fingers."

"Wouldn't dream of it. And we agreed you'd call me Draco." He didn't bother lowering his voice, sounding downright pleasant and light hearted.

Nicholas looked a second away from busting out laughing, putting his hands up like he was surrendering. "I seem to have caught you on a bad day." He offered me a hand, seemingly for a handshake. I didn't take it. "Nicholas Lestrange." Lestrange? I probably should've kept a better track of the pure blood wizarding lines. I didn't know the Lestrange's had a child before crazed Bella was carted off to Azkaban. He looked like a seventh year. Wait no. The seventh year. He was the one who had let Knott bully me.

"Such a displeasure to see you again cousin." Draco drawled, with all his usual airs. The two boys were like cats. Draco a lion, king over all others. Nicholas more like a black panther, watching and ruling in the shadows. They both had a cat like grace in their posture. Fluid, yet fast. They could go from casual, to pouncing in an instant.

"Likewise." Nicholas's hands dropped into his pockets, now mirroring Draco. "Though I never thought it would be over a girl. Much less this one. She never seemed to be your type." I cleared my throat.

"Yes well. This girl has had a rather long day, and would appreciate being acknowledged by her name if she is to be part of this conversation." Nicholas chuckled.

"A little fiery eh? She might just be your type after all." Forget this. I flicked my wand once, turning Lestrange's hair a dashing shade of pink. As I had said. I was having a bad day.

Nicholas didn't seem to notice the change, and Draco's posture stayed the same, although his smile was markedly more amused. "And she will be going now. Good day to you, gentlemen." Neither of them were really gentlemen, but I was feeling a little more generous. I had just turned Nicholas Lestrange's hair pink after all. Passing by Nicholas I stopped and tossed back over my shoulder "You might want to look in the mirror Nicholas. You have a little something in your hair." before blowing up the staircase with a satisfied smirk. What a great way to end such a horrible day.