Part 27

Fred POV:
"Do you think something is up? She never takes this long." Me and George had been waiting for a good 20 minutes now for Astoria to show up for lunch. We were both getting pretty antsy. I ran my hand through my hair.

"I don't know man. She might not like us coming after her." He rolled his eyes at me.

"Please. If there's anything I've learned from Ginny and Mum, it's that girls love being noticed. If we noticed that she was late and went to find out she'd probably glow with happiness. So let's go!" My twin had some fairly solid points. And I was getting really nervous. It was probably stupid of me, but I knew a lot of people who didn't like Slytherins. Any one of them could have decided to pick on her.

"Alright let's go." I started off but turned around in confusion when George didn't follow.

"Defense Against the Dark Arts is this way." He said, starting off in the opposite direction.

"I know that! I just didn't know that she had DADA today." George didn't respond. We walked in silence towards Moody's classroom. We were almost there when we heard yelling in the hall. It sounded like Ron. Me and George exchanged a look. Merlin will that boy ever grow up.

Now I know what your thinking. But Fred! You prank people and joke around all the time! Isn't it hypocritical of you to say Ron should grow up? Technically, if you look at it that way, yes. But you see, there's a difference between immature messing around, and professional pranking. What Ron does, frankly, is just ridiculous. I'm not sure who to blame it on. It could be that hanging out with The Boy Who Lived filled his head with heroic fantasy. It could be that Mum dropped him on his head as a baby. And it could be, that me and George were a much worse influence than I originally thought. Anyway you look at it, he acts like a seven year old playing hero at the playground.

We headed towards the sounds and found Ron pinning Astoria against the wall by her robes. His wand pointed at her face. I was furious. And it sounded like George was too.

"RONALD!"

"BILIUS!"

"WEASLEY!"

He didn't even look back at the sound of our voices just continued to glare at Astoria. Who looked slightly amused. Like a puppy was trying to play the big bad wolf. At least, I think it was the big bad wolf. Me and George had been quite fascinated with muggle fairytales. They were so gruesome and weird. And they tell them to children. Children!

Anyways, I stormed over to Ron and pulled him off Astoria, pushing him back. "What on earth do you think your doing?" He was seething, glaring at Astoria, who was straightening her robes and trying to smooth out the wrinkles in her uniform.

"She insulted Lavender." He gritted out. "And said she killed Hermione." George sighed, rubbing his forehead like our dad does sometimes.

"Did it ever occur to you that she didn't actually kill Hermione? And if she even did, why on earth would she tell you?" He avoided the part about Lavender. We both knew she was as bad as Parkinson, if not worse.

"Well of course Harry went in to check. And probably so she could claim credit for her kill. After all, killing the brightest witch of our age would be something to brag about."

"Is it something you've put a lot of thought into?" Astoria asked from behind me, still dusting herself off. Not helping Az.

Ron looked ready to lunge at her. "Of course not! She's my best friend!" Astoria just laughed. It was the cold laugh I'd heard the first day we talked. Crap was about to go down.

George also seemed to take it as a bad sign. "Az, maybe we should head to lunch. The elves will be expecting us." She didn't budge.

"It's funny really. You accuse me of having an angle. Saying I want to ruin your family, or use the twins to get to some unforeseeable goal. Do you want to know what your best friend really wants? Or do you already know?" Dark Astoria was out to play. She took a step forward, coming even with me. And honestly, she was terrifying. "But even if it's right in front of your nose you refuse to see. It's much more convenient to use the Slytherin as a scapegoat. Yes let's blame it all on her, after all, it's easier than facing the truth." Her face twisted into a sneer. "Pathetic." And then she walked away. She just walked away. Leaving all three of us in the hallway. Me and George both looked at Ron, who looked ticked, but shaken.

"What is she talking about?" He wouldn't look at us. The door behind me opened, and Harry came out with Hermione, who looked furious, but otherwise fine.

"I don't know what that snake did, but she can't talk." He told us.

"Watch it." Snarled George. "You don't get to judge her."

"And why not eh? She thought it'd be funny to joke about killing Hermione, insulted my girlfriend, and then lied about Hermione having an angle. She's obviously evil. Only twisted people joke about death."

"Oh, so twisted like me and George? You don't know her."

"But do you? She's changed you brother. And I don't like it."

George stepped in. "We know more than you do, and I know we don't know all of it. So before you go around calling people evil maybe you should take a look at yourself eh? Ambushing a girl in the bathroom? Really Ron? When will you grow up? All three of you! What on earth were you thinking?" Only Harry looked the slightest bit ashamed.

"We needed answers! She's obviously brainwashed you two, we just figured we'd find out why and save your sorry butts-" I didn't let him finish.

"I can't believe this. None of you have ever talked with a single Slytherin. And somehow they're all evil?" I shook my head. "I'm not surprised they don't like Gryffindors with the way you three are acting. Astoria obviously used 'Silencio' on Hermione. All three of you fix yourselves up. I want you to apologize when you can mean it. You don't know what they've gone through. Don't be so quick to judge."

Both Ron and Hermione looked ready to explode with anger. But Harry, he actually looked ashamed. Like he felt bad.

"Can... can I meet up with you three sometime?" He seemed hesitant to ask. Eyeing his friends closely.

George nodded, and he seemed to relax a bit. Me and George made eye contact and headed out the hall, looking for our Slytherin friend.