Part 8

Astoria POV:
I'm not gonna lie, I'm positively terrified. Draco continued to drag me down the hallways towards the Slytherin common room. I didn't really want to interfere, but I couldn't let the boys get in a fight. I didn't see why Malfoy cared anyway.

He's squeezing my forearm tightly now, it's sure to leave a bruise. Finally he pulls me into an empty classroom and whirls on me, snarling.

"What was that?!" He practically shouted in my face. I've learned that when father gets this way it's best just to agree with him. Showing no emotion. Less time dealing with his royal hissy fit. So I keep my face blank, and my eyes neutral.

"What do you mean?" I try to sound genuinely confused, which isn't hard. I am confused, why does he care? It's not like he actually wants to be my fiancé anyway.
It was the wrong thing to say, apparently, because he growled. "What were you doing with that rat?"

I was mad now. Fred, a rat? What did that make him?! But I tried not to show it. "He was helping me pick up my things. I dropped them."

He couldn't seem to find fault with that. "Stay away from that blood traitor." I should be relived really, I mean, he was letting me go. But what the heck?

"Why?" Oh gosh I actually said it. No going back now. I tried to stand my ground but he was towering over me now.

"Because I said so. And since I'm your fiancé, you will do as your told." It was my turn to bristle. Who the heck did he think he was? The great Merlin himself?

"Excuse me?" I was definitely mad now.

"You heard me." He looked at me coolly. That was it. I snapped. I got enough of this crap from my father, I didn't need it from him too.
"No." He glared at me.

"Oh? I'm sorry, but I'm not to sure your father will be pleased to hear about you associating with such filth." I paled slightly at the mention of father, but that spat about Fred sent me back into a fury.

"And I'm sure your father is plenty proud of you, bedding filth." I snapped at him, and his eyes widened. "I refuse to listen to, much less obey you. You think you can waltz right in and order me about like your house elf, proclaiming to be my fiancé when you've bedded over half our grade? You think this gives you the right to tell me who I talk to? I'm sick of listening to prats like you. I thought maybe you'd understand, but obviously I was wrong. Fred is a much better gentlemen than you, and if being a blood traitor means he can pick who he marries and gets a family who loves him than I'd rather be a blood traitor too!" I was practically in tears at this point. I hadn't meant for that to slip out, but now Malfoy was staring at me in shock. "I'm tired of being told my blood is my worth. All the pure bloods I know are complete gits. Spoiled brat boys and slutty girls. Well I don't want to be one! I'm done with all of you! I'd throw this stupid ring at you if I could! But you don't order me around. Not now, not ever." And with that, I stormed out. Leaving a speechless Malfoy behind me.

Kinda short, I know. But I really wanted to get this part published. Thank you so much to the 2 or 3 readers I've had, it means a lot. Let me know if there's anything I can improve or anything you'd like to see. Now that I know people are actually reading this I'll try to update once a week. I make no promises, cuz, school. Please, as always keep comments language free.
I forgot to do the disclaimer, not my characters, just my story, let me know if you like it! Thanks for reading, I'll be back soon.~M.H