T W O

Never make the mistake of drinking the night before you have work

Never make the mistake of drinking the night before you have work. It's a terribly bad idea.

"Oh, fuck." My alarm just had to not go off in time.

Great start to the morning.

It was even better to find myself on the couch with the living room looking like an absolute mess. What even happened last night? My head was pounding pretty hard.

On the table, there was some water and aspirin. God how much I love Ember. There was a note right next to it.

Tried to wake you up but you kicked me pretty hard. Went on a run so I'll be back soon. Love you!

P.S: you're late for work.

- Ember

Oops. It's not my fault I need my beauty sleep sometimes you know?

My phone was blown up from so many calls from Jeremy telling me to get to the office as soon as possible. His texts were also in all caps so that's not looking too great. Even Christian texted me multiple times.

I groaned, dragging myself to my bathroom to take a quick shower. Wonder why I don't drink on weekdays. It's funny how I rarely remember anything from last night.

Ember wasn't back by the time I got out so I left a quick note. Grabbing my car keys, I rushed out the door quickly with my stuff.

I really needed something to get my day started or I would probably be sleeping at every chance I got. Luckily there's a cute coffee shop not so far from where I work. I'll be nice and get some for Christian too.

A nice lady greeted me as soon as I walked in. "Good morning sweetie! What can I get for you?"

"Good morning! Can I have two black coffees with one sugar in one of them?" I asked and she nodded, giving me a smile.

While she made the coffee, I looked around the shop. It was late in the morning yet the shop was filled with only a few people. Some talk as others read, not caring about noise. There was soft music playing in the background which was cute.

On that cue, Christian started to call me.

"I'm coming! Just getting coffee for the two of us." I breathe out before he could start yelling at me.

He laughs. "Ooh get me a muffin too! And hurry up woman, you have to present in fifteen minutes."

Fuck. "See you."

I turn to the nice lady who has the coffees in her hands. "Thank you! If it's no trouble, could I also get a blueberry muffin please?"

She smiles again, handing me the cups. "No trouble at all. Are you from around here dear?"

I shake my head. "I work close by and really needed some coffee to start off the day of I can't concentrate."

"Ah, my grandson is just like that." Nancy figured that's her name from the name tag laughed and handed me the muffin in a cute paper bag.