T W E N T Y - F O U R

I thought it'd be a good idea to spend some alone time with myself

I thought it'd be a good idea to spend some alone time with myself. Basically meant me reading at a coffee shop for multiple hours till it got dark outside.

Sounds about right.

The closest coffee shop was closed for some reason so I went to Nancy's. She was excited to see me again but had to leave because of some emergency.

I was given lots of coffee before she left though.

And so I continued with what I came to do. Drink coffee while reading the books that I brought with me.

There was nothing to worry about when I read. Especially not work or guys.

My full attention was on the book while trying not to smile at words on paper.

The shop wasn't filled with people which meant more places to sit. I still chose to sit in the back, however, far away from anyone.

There was a nice view beside me. I smiled, watching the rain pour outside. Reading on rainy days is honestly the best thing.

Lately, Taylor Jenkins Reid has had my heart. Her books have been making me cry and stare at the ceiling for way too long.

That's when you know it's a good book.

I put on my glasses and picked up Forever, Interrupted with a small sigh before opening to the first page.

Please don't make me cry within the first chapter. I thought to myself.

~~~

Yeah, I may have wiped my eyes a few times and blinked back some tears as I continued to read. It was getting darker outside but I didn't seem to mind.

Checking the time, I saw that it was getting late. Christian had texted me if it was okay if he swung by the apartment in a few hours with the promise of cooking dinner for Ember and me.

I agreed because I'm not lying when I say that man can cook. Adam is for sure one lucky guy.

A handkerchief was put in front of me with a plate of sugar cookies. I confusingly looked up to see him standing in front of me.

Elliot.

He was still wearing a suit which meant he came from work while his hair was slightly damp from the rain. His face was unshaven and I had some sudden urge to touch it.

Don't you dare.

He cleared his throat. "Why are your eyes red? Were you crying amore?"

"Why are you here?" I look down so I don't meet his eyes. "And don't call me that."

Elliot sat down across from me. "I came to get coffee but then saw you. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, you can go now. Don't want to keep you waiting." I mumbled, putting my glasses back on again.