T W E N T Y - N I N E

"How the hell are you not dying?"

I laughed while Luka was trying to catch his breath.  It was early in the morning when I decided to go on a run and Luka decided to join me.

I should've mentioned to him that we were running about five miles.

"I'm used to it," I answered, kneeling to tie my shoes.

"I mean, I thought it'd be a mile at most but then again I seriously never know what to expect from you," Luka panted, as we walked back to his place.

"That sounds about right,"

"I should've just slept in," Luka murmured to himself.

He groaned when I started running again just to mess with him but he caught up.

"You're an ass," He said once we were in the elevator.

I grinned, leaning against the wall. "And you've known that for years but love and work with me anyway."

"Unfortunately,"

Once we were in his penthouse, I sat down at the island as he grabbed us each a water bottle from his fridge.

"Did you get the papers that Ethan sent you yesterday?" Luka asked, leaning on the counter.

I nodded. "I'll look over them once I get to my office."

"Alright, I'm making breakfast you want some?"

"Sure, I'll help so we're not stuck with burnt food." I joked as he gave me the finger. "That happened one-time dude!"

I gave him a reassuring look while he went to go change his shirt.

"Oh yeah," He yelled out from his room. "Did you know that Serena's going on a date?"

I froze once I heard that. No, I didn't know.

Who the hell is she going on a date with? And whoever it was I really wanted to kill him already.

Fuck.

I'm not jealous. I don't get fucking jealous- over a fucking guy that's taking her on a damn date.

"With who?" I questioned, keeping a straight face.

Luka walked back into his kitchen, shrugging. "Some guy she works with, Christian told me when he came over last night."

Well, that doesn't make it any better. I wanted to know details about him like whether he was an asshole or not.

A fifty-fifty chance that he was.