T H I R T Y - F O U R

Elliot wouldn't tell me anything about what he has planned for the date night

I know, I shouldn't have asked but I just don't like surprises ever so the suspense was killing me. He continued to say you'll see so I just gave up and went back to work.

In the morning while I was working, someone delivered a whole bouquet of carnations and my daily coffee order that I usually get from Nancy's cafe. I already knew whose idea it was to do that but the note that had a book quote on it was what made my whole day.

"Just in case you ever foolishly forget: I am never not thinking of you."

- E

I was smiling like a damn idiot after that and everyone in the office seemed to notice, even Jeremy but didn't bother saying anything. I usually read about guys doing things like giving flowers in books but never expected someone to actually do it in real life.

That was until Elliot however.

I'll have to admit, I may be starting to like this man a lot more than all of my book boyfriends even though no one can ever compare them.

Anyways, I think all my friends were in on whatever he had planned for tonight. Luka and Christian came to my office with papers and both of them looked like they were hiding something from the huge grin on their faces but I couldn't get it out of them.

On the other hand, when I got home Ember looked very excited to see me. I followed her into the living room to see a new stack of romance books sitting on the coffee table and I just laughed.

"Okay, I think I'll be the one jumping off a cliff now," Ember joked, giving me a hug. "This man is very into you I see."

"I guess I'll say that I'm into him too," I tell her, hugging her back.

She clapped her hands excitedly. "Now that's what I like to hear! When's your date with Elliot bae?"

"He said someone's going to pick me up at seven?" I check the time to see it's almost six. Shit.

I think Ember saw the panic on my face before telling me to breathe. "We have enough time don't worry. You go take a shower and I'll bring over hair and makeup stuff into your room!"

"The absolute best, thank you, Ember." I give her a kiss on the forehead and she waved me off. "Of course now go!"

After my long shower, I went into my room to pick out a dress to wear. Both Ember and I spent about a good fifteen minutes trying to find one that I wanted to wear but I wasn't feeling most of them.

Finally, a long sleeve red dress that was not too short caught my eye and I picked out red heels to go with it. It wasn't black but I liked it and Ember agreed too.

 It wasn't black but I liked it and Ember agreed too