T H I R T Y - S I X

The last few weeks had been crazy with the hotel

The last few weeks had been crazy with the hotel. Christian and I've been staying up every night reviewing our sketches, getting approvals from Elliot and Luka, and spending most of our time with phones in our ears.

It's a good thing that coffee exists.

Elliot's been keeping me company most of the time lately. We've been on a few more dates especially book ones and I've enjoyed them so much. I genuinely like spending time with him and talking about everything. I've noticed that he always has a mad look on his face until I'm around him.

I'm not lying when I say he's a big softie. Sometimes whenever I'm with him in either of our apartments and I accidentally fall asleep from work, I wake up with a blanket around us and the man holding me like I'm his personal teddy bear.

Just one smile from him has me melting damn it.

I got Elliot to read a lot more romance books also which finally got him admitting that he likes them. We both have a lot of the same books so we can read them together and I thought it was cute.

Anyway, everything was finally approved and ready to go. The team was here with Jeremy who seemed very excited. He kept telling us what a great job we've done and can't wait to see the finished product.

Elliot was leaning against the wall as everyone stood around the lobby. He looked around uncomfortably with a small frown on his face. I don't think he liked huge crowds very much. I sent him a wave to come over but he shook his head and made a gesture to continue.

Everyone seemed to quiet down once I got in the middle of the room. I cleared my throat and adjusted my glasses before talking.

"Hi there, I hope you all are as excited as I am to start officially working on this project."

Christian let out a cheer before joining me in the middle. "We wanted to thank you for actually showing up. Especially you Alex."

Alex flipped him off and everyone laughed.

I continued. "Well, we went over everything in the morning but if you have any questions, feel free to ask."

"You all know the rules and please don't make out in the rooms during your break time," Christian added with a shudder.

Someone yelled out, "Are we getting breakfast?"

In came Luka with a few boxes of donuts in his hands. "Courtesy of Mr. Dalton. Coffee will be here in a minute!"

"After you're done eating, get to work!"

An echo of thanks to Elliot filled the room as they went to get food and he only nodded, still keeping his eyes locked with mine.

"His eyes always seemed to be on you ma'am," Christian whispered, making me look down at the floor. "Man is definitely whipped."

"Oh be quiet Christian," I whispered back, nudging him on the shoulder. "Luka looks like he's struggling, why don't you go help him?"