T W E N T Y - O N E

"You seem nervous

"You seem nervous."

The car ride was just us listening to music or me looking out the window the whole time.

I got out of the car as Elliot walked over to me. "I probably won't know anyone here besides our friends so of course, I'm nervous."

He walked close to me, brushing his shoulder against mine. "Ah well, that won't be a problem. I know everyone will love you at first sight especially Leah  who is  dying to see you again."

We shared a laugh before Elliot held out his arm for me to take. "Don't be nervous, and if you ever want to leave just give me a nod."

"Okay," I respond quietly, taking his arm. "I should tell you to keep me away from any of your ex-girlfriends."

He chuckled lowly, nodding at one of the bodyguards. "There won't be none here tonight."

I raised an eyebrow. "Not even one of the girls your mom set you up with?"

"Woman, I should remind you I spent my night hiding from them."

"Poor you."

I could feel all the eyes on the two of us. Some people had shocked expressions on their faces while others were smiling so widely. Elliot's hand was now on my back pulling me closer to him.

"Hey, thank you for doing this again. It means a lot."

"What are friends for?" I said, my eyes widening after what I said.

I just called him my friend fuck. Elliot noticed and looked amused once again but didn't say anything about it.

"Smile for the camera Mr. Dalton and miss please!" A photographer's camera flashed out of nowhere. He took a few more pictures and nodded. "Perfect for the newspaper."

I could already see the headline which made me shudder.

"Serena you clutching my arm really hard right now," Elliot whispered.

"Oh, sorry," I loosen my grip as we walked over to Elliot's family.

His mom went over to him and gave him a big hug. "Elliot mio caro raggazo, come stai?" (My darling boy how are you?)

"Sto bene. Did you get the flowers I sent you?" He asked her and she nodded. (I'm fine)

"Yes yes, they were lovely thank you." Her gaze went to me. "E chi è questa bellissima raggaza?" (And who is this beautiful girl?)

Elliot introduced me to his family. "This is Serena, everyone."

His father gave me a curt nod and excused himself to talk to a man that was waiting for him.

"I think Elliot brought his girlfriend mom," His fifteen-year-old brother, Vincent singsonged looking up at me. "You look very familiar. Beautiful too."