E I G H T E E N

Work is something I look forward to most of the time

Work is something I look forward to most of the time. As long as no one's arguing or yelling the whole day, everything goes just fine.

Christian and I decided to go to Elliot's hotel today to check it out and make any changes to our sketches. Both of us didn't have much to do today at work so I agreed when I asked if I wanted to go.

One word to describe the hotel.

Huge.

The view from the top floors looked over the whole city and it was probably even more prettier at night. Besides that, did I mention how huge the rooms are?

All they need is some change in decor and everything will be great.

Elliot was downstairs talking with someone on the phone while Christian and I were in one of the rooms with our sketchbooks.

"You seem awfully quiet today," Christian looked up at me while I continued to sketch. "Something wrong?"

I shook my head, fixing my glasses. "Everything's fine, I'm just quiet when I focus you know that."

"Yeah, but not this quiet," He touched my forehead. "Did you not have coffee this morning? That must be why."

That made me laugh. "Definitely the one thing I do remember drinking."

Christian examined my face again. "It's Elliot then. Man must have said something. I'll go-"

"He didn't do anything," I assured him.

"If you're sure then. How's it going with him?"

"What do you mean?"

Christian closed his sketchbook. "You both have been really close lately.

Not really. I don't think we haven't.

"It's just Elliot," I said, checking the time on my phone. Time seemed to be going slower for some reason.

His eyes widened. "Wait, you called him Elliot. Is the first name basis thing happening finally?"

"I guess, it's going to take a while for me to get used to saying it out loud," I answered, leaning back on the chair.

Christian nodded. "He's a good one Serena," His phone started to ring. "I'll be back I have to take this."

I nodded as he closed the door behind him while I got up to look out the huge windows.

What did he mean that Elliot's a good one? I don't like him like that or anything. We might be friends but I'm not so sure about that. Guess time will eventually tell.

My mind keeps going back to the day at the bookstore. It was cute how he bought all the same books that I picked out for himself. Kind of hoping he cries while he reads half of them.

The moment when Elliot was way too close to me still came to my mind. I still can't seem to get rid of the feeling but it was a good one?

I don't know anymore.