T H I R T Y - O N E

"Maybe I should stay home instead of going out with Luka

"Maybe I should stay home instead of going out with Luka."

I looked up from my book and sent Ember a look. "Babe, are you kidding me? You better not be having second thoughts."

"You'll be home alone," She sighed before walking around the coffee table. "It's been a while since I've seen him too."

"Don't worry about me, I'll enjoy the night drinking wine and reading a book." I waved her off. "And you guys have a lot to catch up on then, go have some fun."

"But-"

"Ember."

"Are you sure you'll be okay?" She asked as I nodded.

"Positive, now go out that door and have a great time with Luka before I push you out of it."

"Alright fine, I'm going," Ember got up and gave me a kiss on the forehead before grabbing her jacket to put on.

"You could invite Elliot you know," She suggested while I went back to my book. "Watch a movie together or something."

Maybe.

Elliot's probably still working or out for drinks with Christian according to the text he sent me a while ago. Apparently Christian said he's been all his time holed up in his office and yelling at everyone he sees which Elliot confirmed wasn't true. I only laughed and told him to have fun.

"I'll think about it, probably not."

"Whatever you say S," She headed for the door. "Love you, see you later."

"Love you more," I sent her a wave. "Enjoy your night with Luka!"

Once she left, I got up to grab my phone from my table so I could put my reading playlist on. It was just one of those nights where you don't want to do anything else and only read. They rarely occur since I'm usually working most nights so I'm happy that it's my day off.

I was going to make myself some food but ended up ordering out because I still don't trust myself in the kitchen when there's no one in the apartment. The number of times I almost caused a fire-

Anyway, I'm really happy for Ember for going out with Luka tonight. She's been wanting to for a while but was always hesitant about it. I get it, the last few people she went out with didn't end up going that well so she stayed cleared from guys.

That was till Luka came into the picture you see-

He and Ember were perfect for each other. Every time all of our friends are out together, I always catch him staring at Ember with a grin on his face. Man doesn't make any effort of hiding it so props to him. Then there's Ember who's always in a great mood and laughing whenever he's around.