S E V E N

"You knew didn't you?" I crossed my arms across my chest, staring at Elliot

He gives me a shrug while grabbing a coffee from the table. "Knew what? This is black coffee, right?

I ignored that. "You knew I worked with Christian and for Jeremy."

"Technically I did know Christian worked for Jeremy but not you," Elliot took a pen in his hand and begun twirling it between his fingers. "Surprising, isn't it?"

I was mad for some reason. It was either the amusement on his face that was pissing me off or I don't know what.

"Don't be mad, you must've come back since you couldn't get enough of me on Friday darling." I scoffed at his words.

He's way too full of himself. "I don't know what you're talking about and for the record, I was drunk!"

Elliot smirked, taking a sip of the coffee that I bought. "Whatever you say, Brown."

"Let's get one thing straight," He waits for me to continue. "Friday never happened so whatever you're thinking about don't. Got it?"

I wait for him to answer but his gaze falls to the window. "Understood. Also, did I mention how nice you're looking today?" His lips curled back into a smile, showing his dimples. Even his dimples were annoyingly attractive damn it.

"You and your stupid charm. You do know it'll never work on me, Dalton." I remarked, sitting down on the other side of the table.

"Hey, one day you'll fall in love with my amazing charm."

I laugh at that. "Fall in love with it? You're funny."

"I get that a lot."

I couldn't say anything else before Christian walked in with Luka behind him. They were talking loudly while Luka was carrying everything that was in my car.

"Serena! Good to see you again beautiful." Luka drops my sketches on the table, giving me a smile which I return.

He handed me my car keys. "Hey Luka, Christian make you carry all that?" 

"It's Christian what'd you expect? The dude saw me and then dragged me to your car of course."

"I was enjoying my muffin thank you very much!" Christian protested.

"Him and his muffin," Elliot added. "He won't care about anything else when he has a muffin in his hand."

"See? This man gets it!"

All three of them laugh which put a small smile on my face. Elliot cleared his throat after a while, checking his watch.

"Let's get this meeting going shall we?"

The quicker the meeting goes, the better. The plan is to basically stay quiet through most of it, talk when they need an opinion, and not make eye contact with Elliot the whole time.