T H R E E

When Ember told me to dress nice, I already knew we were either going to a bar or some fancy restaurant

When Ember told me to dress nice, I already knew we were either going to a bar or some fancy restaurant. I'm usually not much of a dress person however I'll wear them on occasion if I'm feeling it. Surprisingly I was.

On the other hand, my closet is basically full of them. It took me about thirty minutes trying to find one I would wear for tonight. An all-black sleeveless dress that hugged my curves perfectly. Got no one to impress except me.

I did my makeup going for a bold look as Ember came into my room with a curling iron. She was all ready to go looking hot as always. Straightened hair, light pink dress that complimented her whole body, and heels on.  Wherever we're going the guys are going to drool once they see her.

So when I say my best friend is drop-dead gorgeous, I'm not even lying.

Ember curled my hair while I asked about her day. She was an editor at a huge publishing company. My girl was an English major in college and always wanted to get into publishing so I'm still really proud of her when she did. She loved books and even got me reading too.

"Are you going to tell me where we're going?" I asked for the twentieth time.

Her mouth curved into a smile. "Nope. Oh, and you're drinking. I'm driving tonight." Okay then.

"Am I meeting a new boyfriend of yours?"  I teased, making her blush.

"You know I've been keeping it low for a while."

"Really?"

"Yep," She puts the curling iron down. "I'll stick to the extremely hot characters that I read about."

"Okay, you can't complain about that!"

The two of us laugh as Ember finishes up with my hair. She tells me to go with red lipstick instead of a nude one. I was feeling it too, plus the color was nice.

I pick out some black heels from my shoe collection. "You ready?"

She nods excitedly, catching the car keys that I tossed to her. "Of course."

We both take the elevator to the garage where mine and Ember's car are next to each other as always. I get in her car, blasting on some music. The two of us have the best music taste I'm telling you. We will occasionally blast Katy Perry from time to time when we're feeling it.

Ember continues driving for quite some time. I have no idea where we're headed till we're in a familiar area.

"No fucking way-"

She grinned. "Yes, way!"

"How the hell did you get reservations at Aba?" I've been dying to go here ever since they opened but they're always booked.

"A friend of mine from work knows the owner so she called in some favors!"

I was practically halfway out of my seat now. "You don't know how much I love you right now woman."