T W E N T Y

"Is Luka picking you up Em?"

Both of us started getting ready about two hours ago while Elliot told me he'll be here in about ten minutes. My dress was already on, my hair curled, and all I was doing was last-minute touches to my makeup.

"Yeah! He said he'll be here in twenty." Ember yelled from her room. "Oh, and I think you should wear red lipstick."

"One step ahead of you," I answered, reapplying the lipstick.

Heaven and Back was blasting on my speakers as I looked for a pair of heels that would match my dress.

There were so many emotions going through my brain. Mostly nervousness. I just hope the night won't be that bad. You never know, anything could happen.

Still wondered why Elliot asked me instead of someone else to be his date. Going to have to ask Luka later when I see him. He definitely knows.

I looked at myself in the mirror one more time before I headed out. I thought I looked alright. Okay, maybe I'll admit that I looked hot. Just a little.

Going to Ember's room, I leaned on her door. "Hey gorgeous, almost ready?"

She did a little twirl and nodded making me laugh. Her hair was in a perfect bun with some loose strands of hair out. Makeup, dress, everything was perfect.

"You look hot Serena. Elliot's the lucky one tonight." Ember tells me as he put on her heels.

"Thank you, Em. You look absolutely stunning."

"Look at us, two best friends being dates of two other best friends. Nothing could go wrong tonight right?" She asked nervously.

I shrug at that. "Hoping it's a fun and eventful night. We just have to enjoy ourselves as much as we can!"

"You're right," Ember came over to me and gave me a big hug. "Keep your phone on you at all times?"

"Of course," I said, kissing her on the forehead as always. "Love you Ember."

"Love you more."

I go into the living room with my heels while Ember went to the kitchen to grab the book she was currently reading.

"Want some wine before we leave?" She asked, opening the wine fridge.

"Please," I answered, starting to put my heels on.

She put my glass on the coffee table and went sat on the couch by the window. "Christian told me he's gonna get there later since Adam's getting off of work late."

"Good to know-" I start to say but was interrupted by someone knocking on the door.

I quickly finished putting on my other heel before heading towards the door to open it. My eyes kept widening as I saw Elliot standing in front of me.

"Hey, Serena- Woah." Elliot's mouth closed and he just stared at me.

Don't worry I did the same. He was in an Armani black suit which looked kind of amazing on him with a bow tie. None of his tattoos were visible except the ones on his fingers.

I tried to keep my mouth closed as much as possible. What caught my eyes was that he was wearing glasses and just-

Wow.

Elliot looked hot and I couldn't even deny it this time.

"You-" He couldn't seem to finish his sentence for some reason.

He looked at me up and down, while running a hand over his mouth. Ember seemed to notice how quiet it was.

"Your jaw is still dropped Elliot," She yelled from the coach. "Don't worry, mine was too when I saw her."

Elliot cleared his throat and adjusted his glasses. "You look absolutely gorgeous amore."

I came closer to him to fix his bow tie. "You clean up nicely Dalton."

"What can I say? I try sometimes," He joked, maintaining eye contact with me.

"Sometimes, yet you never mastered how to tie a bow tie." I teased him, finally redoing his bow tie and fixing his collar.

"Well, there are some things I'm not very good at."

"I bet."

Elliot laughed at that, leaning on the door as I went to grab my purse and jacket.

"Looking great Ember, Luka told me he's about five minutes away."

"Thanks, Elliot," Ember said, not looking up from her book.

He turned to me again, with a small smirk on his face. "Ready to go?"

"For sure. Definitely want to know which car you drove this time," I answered, looking over at Ember. "See you there Em."

"Bye!"

"You'd probably laugh and judge if you saw the number of cars I own," Elliot says, pushing the elevator button.

I shook my head, standing next to him. "Wouldn't judge but I do you admit you have some taste in cars from what I have seen so far."

"Another compliment from Serena Brown, two in a row today. I'm honestly flattered right now."

I tried to not look at him otherwise I'd be staring. "Doesn't happen very often so don't get ahead of yourself."

We got out of the elevator and Elliot held the door for me as we both went outside. I followed him to where he parked his car while he flashed me a grin.

I laughed when he opened the door of his Cadillac CTS-V for me. "Not judging see? Just don't go fast please."

Elliot got in, starting the car which roared to life. I sat there trying not to react as he whispered in my ear, "I'll try my best."

Those damn butterflies are back.

•••

Split up the chapter cause I felt it was a little too long but I'll post twenty-one in a day or two after I finish editing it!

Hope you enjoy <3