T W E N T Y - E I G H T

"So I've heard that you and the other lovebird hung out over the weekend," Christian singsonged

Both of us went out for lunch at the cafe next door during our break. Let's just say it was Christian's idea because apparently, I was surviving on coffee the whole day.

Which was technically true but hey.

Elliot and I were texting and talking a lot more surprisingly. After a while texts would turn into hour-long calls which I never minded. We'd argue about random things and eventually, he'd tell me terrible jokes to get me laughing.

I'll be honest and say that's he's growing on me day by day. Elliot's not as bad as I thought he'd actually be but anyways.

I didn't realize how hard I was smiling till Christian waved his hand in my face. "You're thinking about him aren't you?"

"No," I thanked our waiter who set down our lunch. "And for your information, we were hanging out as friends."

He sent me a look."Mhm. Bae, I know that somewhere in your heart wants to admit that you like him."

Maybe. Okay yes.

He definitely sounded so sure about that.

I pretended to not hear what he just said. "The food looks great doesn't it?"

"It sure does, and we're just going to pretend that you didn't hear what I said aren't we?"

"You are absolutely right."

"Thought so."

I smiled, taking a sip of my water. The topic was changed as we talked about planning a surprise party for Adam. His birthday was coming up soon and Christian wanted him to have an amazing one.

They were so cute together. Christian was always happy whenever he was with him and it was just amazing. Both of them deserved the world and everything more.

Once we finished eating, Christian ordered us coffees to go.

"Serena,"

"Christian,"

"When's the last time you went out?" He asked, picking up his glass of iced tea.

"A few nights ago. With you and our friends." I answered, playing with the ring that was on my finger.

Christian shook his head. "I know that bae, I mean with a guy. On a date."

Oh. Well about that-

"Um, I don't remember. Months? Maybe years."