The Queen of Arendelle

"Elsa! Hi!"

"Hi, Emma. Are you feeling better?"

"Yes, but now our son is sick."

"Oh, I'm so sorry." Her gloved hands shook.

"It's okay. I know you didn't mean for any of this to happen. Won't you come in?"

"Thank you." Elsa stepped inside and anxiously looked around.

Emma led her away from the kitchen (and Regina) into the living room. "Don't sit on the couch. We've all been sick and were sitting on it. Take the chair."

Elsa took the armchair. Her eyes darted nervously around the room, looking anywhere but at Emma.

The sheriff eyed her suspiciously from the couch. "Have you found a place to stay?"

"Yes!" Elsa answered, still avoiding eye contact. "Your father talked with Mother Rheul Ghorm about letting me stay at the convent. David told me so many stories about you, that you're the Savior who heroically delivered this land from a terrible curse."

"Well, I hardly knew what I was doing at the time. I didn't even believe in the curse at first."

Emma carefully eyed Elsa's rapid tapping of her heel. "Elsa, how old are you? If you don't mind me asking."

"Twenty-five."

"And you were born twenty-five years ago? No evil curses or spells ever stopped time for you."

"No. I've been alive twenty-five years."

Emma nodded. She's young. I remember being that young and naïve. I don't know why she's so nervous, though. "I'm thirty-five. No curse has made me appear younger."

Regina called from the kitchen, "Emma, where are you? Who was at the door?" She froze when she entered the living room. "What's she doing here?" She snarled.

Emma stood in front of a terrified Elsa to block any fiery attacks by Regina. "Elsa just came by to apologize."

A fireball ignited in the mayor's hand. "My son is sick because of you! My love nearly froze to death!"

Emma looked firmly into Regina's caramel-colored eyes. "Regina, why don't you check on Henry and bring him his soup? It's almost done, isn't it?"

Regina growled, "Emma—"

"—Go, love." Emma commanded.

Regina put out the flame. She wiped away tears before spinning on her heel and storming out of the room.

The sheriff turned to Elsa. "You'll have to forgive her. She can be..." Emma sank back down to the couch, "Too overprotective sometimes."

Elsa stared at the floor. "It's okay. She's right. Regina cares about you very much. I wanted to ask you about her, actually."

"Oh yeah? Don't worry about her. I won't let her hurt you. She can be hot-headed, but her heart's in the right place."

"You two are lovers?"

"Yeah, Regina's my girlfriend. We—" Emma suddenly stopped and looked at Elsa. This is why she's so nervous. She can't even bring herself to look me in the eye. Why didn't I see it before? "Can I get you something to drink? I didn't offer you anything before 'cause Regina was in the kitchen. She would have noticed even if I used magic. You like hard cider?"

"Sure."

Emma poured glasses for the two of them.

"Thank you."