Chapter 5

Chapter 5

"Haley, you look...amazing," Nate smiled at me.

After all these years, the way my name sounded in his voice still had the same star struck effect on me.

"So do you," Was all I could muster up to say. My eyes trailed up and down his figure. He has put on a few pounds but in the best way possible - it's obvious he's been taking his time at the gym productively. His shoulders were practically busting out of his EPAA branded t-shirt, while the short sleeves were giving just a sneak peek of his bulging biceps. Casually in his khaki shorts, it showed off his tan and toned legs, that ended with his feet in a pair of loafers.

But wow...his hair had grown out into luscious waves that framed his face more handsome that it had before. And those eyes have never looked brighter.

Nate Chester was a full grown man.

"Enjoying the view?" He asked jokingly when I was frozen in my trance staring at him.

I blinked in order to get my focus back on the conversation. "Haven't lost the ego, I see."

"And you never let me have it, do you?" He chuckles.

I smiled. "You look great."

That's an understatement.

"Thanks. One of the perks of my job is getting my own personal trainer at the company gym on the first floor of Chester. Ever since you left I've had to work twelve times as hard to get my reputation back on track and working out is the best stress reliever."

"I'm glad to see that you've been busting your ass. It shows - Forward has been number one in lifestyle magazines since you became owner," I complimented him. "I'm proud of you."

It's slow, but the curves of his lips rose and created the signature smile I've known so well. "That means a lot coming from you. You've always been my biggest inspiration."

Ugh, it's corny and cheesy but damnit, it's sweet.

"I'm glad to be of help."

"I'm proud of you too. I know you're killing it at the New Yorker."

I blushed. "I wouldn't say killing it."

"Well, you were impressive enough to get invited to this retreat. Only the best of the best do."

"Then I'm happy to be here," I laughed.

"So are the rest of the interns, did you see them yet?"

I nodded. "We bumped into each other yesterday. It's fun getting the gang back together to have fun instead of work."

"Minus Chelsea?"

"Yes," I answered confidently.

"I figured as much. She doesn't have too many fans at Forward."

"That doesn't surprise me."

"But she is still one of the best writers we have. Her talent is the only thing helping her keep the job."

"That also doesn't surprise me."

We both laughed until we've settled into a comfortable silence.

"Do you want to grab dinner some time this week? It would be great to catch up. Strictly dinner - nothing else. I promise this time," He crossed an X over his heart.

I laughed a little louder than I expected too. "That would be nice, Nate. I'd love to hear how things have been going for you."

"And you as well," He nodded. "Friday night? We'll meet here again in the lobby?"