Chapter 10

Chapter 10

"Oh, please!" I said, setting down my glass on Nate's balcony table. "You really expect me to believe that you never slept with her? Even I would sleep with her Nate. Have you seen her body?"

Nate closed his eyes, a sloppy wine-induced smile settling on his face. "Wait, let me just-let me picture that...damn. That's...that's a nice image."

I threw one of the chocolates from the tray we had been sharing straight at his forehead. "Ha ha, get over yourself!"

Nate chuckled, catching the chocolate in his lap before it could hit the ground. "Hey, don't waste the chocolate! Do you know how much they cost? They weren't included with the suite."

"Really? You're cautious about spending?"

"I am!" He stated firmly. "And for the record, I swear I never slept with Isabella. Super tempting and it wouldn't have been hard to get her in bed, but as I said before, we're really good friends."

I narrowed my eyes in skepticism. "You never tried to seduce her? Not even once?"

"We were never alone long enough to do anything. The times we were, it was strictly about business," He answered with firmly.

Right. Business.

"Fine," I lifted both hands in defeat. "I believe you."

He snorted. "You don't, do you?"

"Absolutely not."

We both chuckled at my response.

There had been a certain gleam in his eyes once the taxi dropped us off downstairs. Nate suggested the idea of opening a bottle of wine and tasting the box of chocolates he had purchased earlier today that he intended on enjoying alone, and I happily accepted his offer.

For the past hour and a half, we had been conversing about nonsense, life, work, and everything in between, sitting on his hotel balcony overlooking the gorgeous calm ocean. It was the most relaxing way to end an eventful evening, and I had to appreciate the direction the night was headed.

Since Nate had first offered a ride back to the hotel, there were three voices in my head.

The first was Nicole's, who was urging me to take this obvious opportunity in front of me and sleep with Nate.

The second was Bessa's, who was reminding me to be cautious and careful about what I did because as we've seen before, the most unpredictable disasters usually happened whenever Nate and I were even in the same room together.

The third voice was the loudest, and it was mine. My voice was telling me to forget about everything that happened in New York, forget about work, forget about life back home. Live in the moment, no matter where it takes you. I wanted to have fun - I could worry about the consequences, but where would that get me?

If there's anything I learned after moving to New York, it's that no matter what you did, good or bad, there will always be a consequence and someone would have an opposing opinion. But it's how you react to those consequences and handle those comments that determines the type of person you are. If, God forbid, something tragic happened tomorrow, I wouldn't want my last night on earth to be wasted on me imagining what could have been when I had the chance to make it happen. And if something horrible were to take place as a consequence to our actions, then we'd deal with it when the time came.

But I was done worrying about what everyone else thought. The reason I had been so hesitant to try anything physical with Nate was because I was focused on the horrible comments people would have instead of coming to terms with what I wanted. For once, I wanted to give into the temptation and do something...