Chapter 15

Chapter 15

I was in hell. This was actual hell.

Okay, that was a bit dramatic. But honestly, if I had to picture a hell, this elevator would be the door to it and Chelsea was the gatekeeper.

"Chelsea," Her name felt foreign on my tongue. "It's nice to-"

"Are you going to call anyone using that phone or what?" She interrupted me, pointing at the phone in my hands.

Well, some thing's never change.

I cleared my throat. Nope, I wasn't the meek intern I was when she first met me. It was time to take control. "I'll call the front desk and explain the situation to them. Can you call Nate on your phone? He'll want to be looped in on this."

She rolled her eyes. "I don't have my phone on me, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered asking you to make the call at all."

Resisting the urge to throw my phone at her, I focused on the emergency at hand and called the front desk of the hotel. Thank God there was service in here. Once I explained the unfortunate incident, how the emergency button didn't seem to be working either, and instructed them on which floor we were stranded on, they confirmed that someone would be assisting us out soon.

Then, I called Nate who I hoped would be able to help ease the problem.

"To what do I owe this pleasure of-"

"The elevator is stuck," I stated hurriedly.

He paused. "I'm sorry?"

With the irritation I already felt from being a few feet away from Chelsea, I was in no mood to deal with Nate. "I said the elevator is stuck. With me in it."

"Are you serious? You'd think a five-star hotel would be able to run regular operations," He muttered. There was a bunch of noise in the background which meant he was probably running around in the lobby. "Are you hurt or anything?"

"I'm fine. It's okay, these things happen. I called the front desk, they're finding someone to help us soon, but can you check and make sure everything is okay? We don't want to wait too long."

"We?"

"Me and Chelsea."

Then, Nate did something that really got under my skin.

He started laughing.

Not the regular, 'Haha' kind of laugh. This laugh came from his from the bottom of his belly and had him howling into my ear causing me to pull my head back because of the volume.

"Is he laughing?" Chelsea glared.

I nodded with an eye roll.

"What a little prick," She scoffed.

For once, we actually agreed on something.

Truthfully, If I were on the other end of the phone call and it was Nate stuck in the elevator with her, I'd probably have the same reaction. But again. I was in no mood to deal with it right now.

"Nate, stop laughing and do something helpful please!" I yelled, before hanging up without another word.

I knew Nate had done nothing wrong, he was simply an innocent bystander in this current situation, but I wouldn't be able to take my anger out on Chelsea if I wanted to make it out of here without being in handcuffs. And as appealing as the idea of strangling her was, I couldn't pull off a jumpsuit as well as the girls on Orange Is The New Black could.

Chelsea eyed me as if she were impressed. "Look at you, commanding Captain Chester."

"Yeah, well, I'm sure neither of us want to be in here any longer than we already have to be," I sighed, dropping my phone back into my bag.