Chapter 9

Chapter 9

After we had said goodbye to Tony and Kevin later that night, it was time for us girls and Ricky to go out and enjoy our time. We were dressed in mini-skirts and comfortable tops, standing in wedges, makeup and hair ready for the night. Ricky wore a button up shirt with black shorts and loafers. By the time we met him in the lobby, he already had a cocktail in his hand.

"Sorry, I couldn't wait," He explained himself. "Their strawberry mojito's are to die for!"

"Mmm, let me try some," I said, grabbing his straw and taking a sip. It was the perfect combination of sweet, minty, and bitter. "Yum!"

"Told ya. Nicole that skirt makes your ass look phenom," Ricky eyes Nicole up and down.

"I know right?" She grinned at him while leading the way outside the lobby. "Let me see if I can hail a cab with it."

"I feel like doing shots tonight," Bessa said, looping her arm around mine as we walked onto the cobblestone pavement.

"We are, don't you worry about that," Ricky confirmed before handing one of the valet's his empty glass.

"You know, I'm going to take it easy tonight," I announced to them.

Ricky raised a brow. "And that means, what? Four shots instead of seven?"

Bessa and I giggled at his logic.

"It means no shots instead of seven," I answered.

A taxi finally approached and we entered into the air conditioned vehicle. I sat in the passenger seat while they occupied the back.

"Can I count on your soberness to slap me in the face if I want to go home with some sleaze ball?" Nicole asked, securing her seat belt.

"Sweetheart, I'll happily slap you in the face if you do," Ricky chirped.

"You'll use any excuse to slap me in the face," Nicole rolled her eyes at him.

We ended up at an outdoor bar near the water called the Blue Triangle. I had read great reviews on this particular bar because of the dancing scene that was popular among the young crowd on this part of the island. As the three of them downed shots and drinks like a couple of college girls on spring break, I was content with the one margarita I had ordered. The music was mainly salsa ballroom dance type of melodies and each of us paired up with a cute local guy who tried to teach us the steps on how to dance.

I was completely enchanted by the rich night life we were getting to enjoy, away from the seclusion of the hotel. It was great being able to interact with locals, picking up on a few of their Dutch jargon.

Once we were had finished dancing to four straight songs, we agreed that it was time to move on to the next bar. Upon saying goodbye to the sweet folks who had shared their part of their lifestyle with us, we each agreed that the Blue Triangle was a destination we'd definitely be heading back to before the retreat was over.

Instead of driving, we chose to walk down the street to another place that seemed to be more of an indoor bar, loud music blaring. A line was formed outside the door and we hopped behind the last group of people. The weather was still warm and because of all the dancing we had been doing, I was feeling pretty hot myself, so having these few minutes to take a breather outside before becoming engulfed in a crowded room was alleviating.

As we waited outside, discussing the drinks that the other three were reading off of the menu posted outside the window of the bar, I received a text from Max who was responding to the conversation we'd been having throughout the day. As nerdy as it sounds, we'd been exchanging ideas for future articles, asking each other for opinions.