Chapter 20

Chapter 20

"You have ten seconds to leave," Nicole stepped forward, handing her bag to Ricky for him to hold it.

Chelsea didn't move a muscle, nor did she even seem slightly afraid of Nicole.

I was rolling in a sea of annoyance. I had no idea if I wanted to strangle her, laugh at the fact that Nate was yelling at her, rip her hair out, or all of the above.

"And you are? As far as I'm concerned you're completely irrelevant to this conversation," Chelsea smirked at Nicole.

I could physically see Nicole's nostrils flare.
Nate quickly jumped in between them.

"Actually, would it be possible for me, Haley, and Chelsea to have a conversation alone please?"

"Yeah, that actually isn't possible considering she's about to die," Nicole reached over Nate and hurled herself at Chelsea who, with widened eyes, stumbled a few steps back when she realized Nicole was really going for it.

It took me, Bessa, and Nate to hold her back, while Ricky stayed back with his arms full of bags.

Chelsea held onto the wooden post behind her. "You're crazy!"

"Damn right I am!" Nicole shouted back at her, trying to shove us off.

"Nikki, I can take it from here, okay?" I grabbed Nicole's shoulder and held her back, throwing her an appreciative grin stepping forward so that I stood by Nate and in front of Chelsea.

"Ugh," Nicole let out an aggravated grunt.
"Fine. Let's go before I lose more brain cells just looking at her."

She grabbed Bessa and Ricky. The three of them flashed Chelsea one last collective glare before leaving the two of us to deal with her.

Chelsea scoffed when we both became eye to eye. "Need your friends to fight your battles?"

I stood my ground. "There's no battle to be fought because we're not five year olds on a playground. Grow up, Chelsea. If you haven't noticed, despite the shit you've caused, the world is still moving on. I'm moving on, Nate's moving on, we're all moving on. So, get over whatever attitude it is you have and deal with your own insecurities without involving me or Nate because as of now, we're done having anything to do with you. "

I then looped my arm around Nate, who turned and beamed at me.

Chelsea, for a second, seemed defeated but then she glazed it over with an eye roll and a dramatic sigh. "Okay, Haley, no need to act high and might. It only took you three years to get the guy and make friends. You act like women haven't been doing the beginning of time. Congrats."

"Why are you such a vicious bitch, Chelsea?" I heard myself say, unable to keep the rage inside me from pouring out. "Are you that bored with your own life? Or are you secretly that obsessed with me that you had to make up a lie?"

Nate spoke up. "I think she's bored, obsessed, and clearly jealous."

Chelsea sighed, ending her breath with a low grunt. "I may have embellished the story to Haley a little bit-"

"Embellished?" I repeated.

"A little?" Nate repeated.