Chapter 24

Author's Note: Thank you @bellusluna for the cover! Sorry it took so long to get it up but I appreciate it :)

Chapter 24

The next morning, as I walked into the conference room for what marked the last week here in Aruba. With Kevin and Ricky at my sides, we sauntered in tired and exhausted from a late night that ended at three in the morning.

However, I forgot all about my tiredness when I realized all eyes were on me.

Kevin also sensed that something was wrong. "What is everyone looking at?"

I had a suspicion why. "Probably because they saw me and Nate last night outing ourselves as a couple."

Ricky gaped. "Are you a couple? It's confirmed?"

I shrugged casually, unable to come up with a strong answer. "Kinda, not really. I don't know, we're figuring it out."

"Hm, that sounds like an answer someone who wants to be in a relationship but isn't yet, would say," Ricky speculated.

"Well, I guess we're just going to wait and find out," I said, reaching for a cup for coffee once we reached the breakfast bar.

"We only have a week let here. Have you thought about what might happen when we get back?" Kevin asked, also grabbing a cup for himself.

I paused for a moment and thought about the proposition Nate put on the table about his plans to take a trip to Italy when the retreat was over. I still hadn't given him my answer becuase I hadn't thought about it since that night. Internally, I was on the fence about it. We're just trying to figure out our dynamic with dating, throwing us into a three long trip like that could either make or break us.

I'd traveled with significant others before and I have to say, they weren't happy memories I left with. Being with someone twenty-four seven in a foreign place for that amount of time is bound to bring out some conflict and disagreements. Some couples come back from traveling realizing that they actually don't get along and are completely different people than they thought they were.

Was I ready to do that with Nate? It could possibly ruin everything we've established in the past few weeks.

But, it could also be the best three weeks of my life.

I gave Kevin a shrug. "I haven't really thought about it but whatever happens, I'm open to it."

"So, for right now, you're here for work and not...play?" Kevin then teasingly elbowed me.

I rolled my eyes. "Not you too."

"First of all, you have yet to tell me about what happened on your little rendezvous and I'm personally offended that I had to read about it from some trashy article instead of hearing it from you," He said, sipping his coffee with a grin on his face.

I also sipped on my coffee. "I'm sorry, Kev. Things have been hectic and it's kind of hard to do anything when you've got an entourage you never asked for following you around."

Behind me, Ricky scoffed at this. "I would first die before I become part of anyone's entourage."

Nicole appeared out of nowhere. She cleared her throat and grabbed as many water bottles as she could. Her makeup was half done and her hair was thrown into the messiest bun possible. "So, none of you are as hungover as I am?"

"No." The three of us chorused.

"Some of us stopped before three more rounds of shots," Kevin smirked at her.

"Spare me the judgment, okay? The guys at Esquire are very convincing when they're all shirtless and sweaty from dancing," She defended herself before chugging an entire bottle of water.