Chapter XL

The things left unsaid,

The silent confessions,

The pain hidden behind a smile

And the unshed tears,

They cause immense ache

For they hurt and can't seem to find a way out.

•••••••

She had said that she would share everything with him.

But now, as he stood outside his studio, hearing her talk to Yoongi and confide in him broke his heart a little more.

"I was the first one."

"She was stuck in a timeloop before me? Why don't I remember anything?" He mumbled softly to himself.

It has become a habit of thinking out loud because he didn't want her to hear his thoughts. He knew she was hiding something, he didn't want to fill her head with his worries too.

The first shock he had was when he was about to enter his studio, he heard her talking, that too in Korean and then the way she switched as soon as he entered in, it was mind-boggling.

"Why can't she lean on me?" He spoke out loud when his knees gave out as he broke down. "Why can't she tell me?"

"Probably because she didn't want to burden you."

Hearing another voice answer him, Joon was startled but seeing that it was his Jin hyung, Joon couldn't control the overwhelming emotions taking over him as tears started streaming down his face.

"Namjoon-ah, it's alright. Everyone has secrets." Jin sighed as he settled himself beside the younger boy. "She's just a human. We all make mistakes and keep things from others. She just loves you too much that she couldn't bear the thought of you knowing how much she must've suffered. She must've wanted to keep you safe."

As his cries reduced to sniffles, a thought rushed to his mind, "Hyung... What do you think would've happened... for her to try and end her life... to distance herself from me?"

"We can only assume, it's best you talk to her Namjoon-ah."